If you liked my Mango Orange Ice Pops this summer, you are going to love my Mango Fruit Leather recipe. It's the perfect back-to-school snack or lunchbox treat.
Remember eating fruit snacks or those rolled-up fruit treats when you were a kid? I do. I always loved finding some in my lunchbox and now I want to pass that on to my kids.
That said, I don't really want to give them fruit snacks full of preservatives, sugar, and food dye, which is why I prefer homemade mango fruit leather.
These are made with just three real ingredients and you don't need fancy gadgets to make them. Your kids will love it!
❤️ Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Store bought fruit leather often contains chemicals and strange sugar substitutes. These are all natural and only take three ingredients to make!
- You don't need a food dehydrator or any fancy equipment to make this recipe. It's so simple to make.
- It's versatile. Once you have this basic recipe, you'll be able to play with other flavor combinations and treat your kids to healthy snacks they'll actually eat.
- Fresh lemon juice
This is meant to be a brief overview of the Mango Fruit Leather recipe. For step-by-step instructions and a full printable recipe card with ingredients, please scroll down to the teal box below or Jump to Recipe.
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees-F.
- Add mango, lemon juice and honey to blender and blend until smooth.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon mat.
- Pour the purée onto baking sheet and smooth into an even layer.
- Bake for 4-7 hours until puree is dry and leathery.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- High powered blender or food processor
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment paper or Silicon mat
- Offset spatula
Be sure to check out my Juggling Act Mama Storefront on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of great products to make your life easier! Thanks so much for being a part of Juggling Act Mama ❤
Store the fruit leather in an airtight container for up to 1 month at room temperature. (These are my favorite containers.) You can also roll these tightly in parchment paper and they will last several months.
- Since fruit leather needs to spend several hours in the oven to dry out, it's a great recipe to make in the cooler months.
- The total baking time will vary depending on the exact thickness of your fruit roll-ups and the differing temperatures of ovens.
- Weather will impact how quickly this dries into a leathery texture. If it's humid where you live, it may take longer to set.
💭 Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions (and answers!) readers often ask about this recipe.
It's called fruit leather thanks to its dry but still pliable texture.
While fresh fruit always packs the biggest nutritional punch, homemade fruit leathers are a longer-lasting, healthier option than store-bought fruit snacks. You get to control the ingredients!
When your fruit leather is done, it will feel smooth to the touch and not sticky.
When stored in an air-tight container, fruit leather can last for several months.
Yes! Leftover applesauce is a great option for this so if you find a great deal, or make and can too much, use the leftovers and make your own fruit leather. Just make sure the canned fruit is pureed well.
- You can use other fresh fruits besides mango like strawberries, raspberries, nectarines, or peaches.
- You can make a combination fruit leather using mango and other fruits that pair well like apples or papaya.
- Instead of honey, substitute agave nectar or maple syrup.
🍴 Serving Suggestions
Homemade Mango Fruit Leather is a great on-the-go snack so it's perfect for lunch boxes, before band lessons, or after a soccer game.
They would go great with my Kid Kabobs!
😋 Similar Recipes
- Mango Orange Ice Pops - These ice pops are a delicious treat on a hot afternoon.
- Orange Mango Smoothie - Start your day with a bright and refreshing orange mango smoothie. Your kids will love it.
- 45 Back to School Snacks - Get inspired to make more easy back to school snacks with ingredients even your kids can read!
📋 Mango Fruit Leather Recipe
Not ready to make these yummy fruit snacks yet? Don’t forget to pin the awesome recipe for later! When you do make it, please be sure to tag me on Instagram @jugglingactmama or #jugglingactmama – I’d love to see your pictures! And finally, if you get a chance, please comment and leave me a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
Mango Fruit Leather Recipe
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Parchment paper or Silicon mat
- Offset Spatula
- 1.5 lbs mango about 3 mangos
- 2 tablespoon honey
- Juice of half a lemon
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees F.
- Peel and cut your mango into large chunks1.5 lbs mango
- Slice lemon in half and juice.Juice of half a lemon
- Add mango, lemon juice and honey to blender or food processor.2 tablespoon honey
- Blend until smooth and you see no chunks.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or your favorite silicon mat.
- Pour the purée onto the baking sheet and smooth out with an offset spatula. Make sure you spread the puree evenly and in a thin coat.
- Bake for 4-7 hours until it is dry and leathery.
- On my first try, I removed the roll-ups at 3.5 hours and it was still sticky to the touch. The second time I let it bake for 5 hours. The center was not drying out the way the sides had so I placed a sheet of parchment over the top and then flipped it over so the bottom could dry.
- Make sure your puree is as even as possible when spreading it out or it will cause uneven drying.
- Damp weather will prevent your fruit leather from drying. It was raining heavily both times I tried this recipe which hindered the roll-ups from drying as
quickly as they would have had it not been raining.
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.
DO YOU PEEL THE MANGO FIRST!!!!?????????
Ang Paris says
Yes, peel the mango and discard the core.