Glitter Easter Eggs are a magical addition to any Easter basket. Your kids will love them - and you'll love my Glitter Easter Eggs tutorial.
My glitter Easter eggs remind me a bit of the ruby slippers from Wizard of Oz. Who doesn't love a bit of sparkle? They are so bold and bright and fun! And they are more simple to make than you might think.
Since these are made with acrylic paint, they're probably more appropriate for big kids, but if you wanted to get your littles involved, you could definitely have them dye eggs the way you always do and then apply the glitter once they're dry.
These are so easy to make and I know your family will love them. You'll only need a few simple things from the craft store, and let's get started!
Glitter Easter Eggs Materials
Get creative and customize this DIY glitter Easter egg project by using your favorite paint colors. Will you use a bright color or go for pastel Easter eggs?
- white hard-boiled eggs
- acrylic paint and paint brush
- plastic cups (one cup for each color of glitter used)
- Mod Podge or White Elmer’s Glue
How to Make Glitter Easter Eggs
- Make sure you are starting with dry, hard-boiled eggs that are cooled completely.
- Set up your paints with coordinating glitter colors. (ie: blue paint with blue glitter)
- Paint the eggs. Make sure the eggs are fully covered with paint.
- Let dry.
- Place the glitter in a plastic cup.
- Using a brush apply a nice thick coat of ModPodge all over your egg.
- Put your egg into the plastic cup with the glitter.
- Gently shake the cup around to evenly coat your egg.
- Allow the eggs to dry for 1 hour.
Congrats! You have gorgeous glitter Easter eggs. Aren't they fun?
Find More Easter Egg Inspiration
If you like this fun tutorial for glitter eggs, check out one of these other great projects:
- How to Dye Easter Eggs Naturally from My Frugal Home
- Tie Dyeing Easter Eggs from Juggling Act Mama
- Painting Easter Eggs from Kidzworld