Ham and Pasta Salad - this yummy ham and cheese pasta salad is the perfect way to use up leftover ham!
You could also serve this salad deconstructed on a Pasta Charcuterie Board and let people create their own!
If you end up with a lot of leftover Easter ham, this Ham and Pasta Salad is for you. It's a delicious way to use up your leftovers and give them a new life outside of a sandwich.
My ham and pasta salad combines ham and cheese and green onions (for crunch) with shells - just 5 ingredients and you have a delicious side dish or filling lunch for work.
Just like a ham and cheese sandwich is a classic lunch, this ham and cheese pasta salad will be a new favorite. Let me show you how to make it.
- Small shell pasta
- Green onions
- Cheddar cheese
- Salt & pepper
This is meant to be a brief overview of the ham and pasta salad recipe. For step-by-step instructions and a full printable recipe card with ingredients, please scroll down to the teal box below or Jump to Recipe.
Here's how to make Ham and Cheese Pasta Salad:
- Cook the shells, drain, and rinse with cold water until no longer hot.
- Stir together the ham, cheese, and green onions.
- Add half of the pasta and mayonnaise and stir.
- Stir in the remaining pasta and mayonnaise.
- Add salt and pepper and serve.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Here is what you will need to make this recipe:
Be sure to check out my Juggling Act Mama Storefront on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of great products to make your life easier! Thanks so much for being a part of Juggling Act Mama ❤
Should pasta be rinsed for pasta salad?
Yes! It's important to rinse your pasta with cold water immediately after cooking. This stops the cooking process and retains the al dente texture. It might be tempting to skip that step but you'll thank me if you do it anyway!
More Salad Recipes
There's something so satisfying about a big salad that is hearty enough to be the main meal and not just a side. Here are a few of our favorite salad recipes:
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad with Chicken - grilled chicken, fresh avocado and crumbled feta cheese on this spinach and strawberry salad make it worthy of a whole meal, not just a side dish!
- Mandarin Orange Salad with Chicken - use store-bought rotisserie chicken for a quick weeknight meal. The sweetness from the mandarin oranges and crunch from the slivered almonds make it a super kid-friendly option, too!
pictured from left to right:
Ham and Pasta Salad
Not ready to make this delicious recipe yet? When you do make it, please come back and comment and leave me a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
Ham & Pasta Salad
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 lb shell pasta
- 8 oz ham cubed small
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 bunch of green onions sliced thin w/ half of the greens
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the shells according to package instructions, drain and rinse.1 lb shell pasta
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the ham, cheese, and green onions.8 oz ham, 1 cup cheddar cheese, 1 bunch of green onions
- Stir in the pasta and mayonnaise and mix well, but gently.1 cup mayonnaise
- Add salt and pepper to taste.Salt & pepper
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.