Easter treats don’t have be the same old thing! Try our Easter Sugar Cookie Dough Bark!
Delicious (eggless) cookie dough bark with layers of rich white chocolate and topped with festive candies make the perfect quick Easter treats for friends and family.
I have a real passion for cookie dough… well, for all things sugar! But there’s something about that sugar, butter, flour mixture is just divine and I’m always looking for eggless ways to make no-bake treats with it. It’s the most decadent sweet and like a forbidden treat since everyone knows you’re not supposed to eat raw cookie dough. But this recipe is eggless, which makes it just perfect for cookie dough lovers like me. Plus, these Easter treats are a super fun recipe to make with the kiddos for Easter. Please just take care with kids around the hot chocolate! I recommend an adult handles the candy melts. In our home, I add the first bit of cookie dough to the top of the melted chocolate, then the kids build on that. It’s much safer that way!
This post contains affiliate links; we are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too! For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy. I am including some links below to products I used to make our Easter treats.
- 17.5 ounce bag sugar cookie mix
- KitchenAid Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield (I’m in love with the Cranberry color!)
- Wilton Yellow Candy Melts
- Shimmer Sixlets
- Parchment Paper – I prefer to line my baking sheet to help with clean up (optional).
Easter Treats – Sugar Cookie Dough Bark
This would be a lovely favor to give guests to take home with them this Easter. Or instead of delivering hot cross buns on Good Friday – a tradition supposed to ensure long-lasting friendship, share little gift bags of this with your friends and neighbors. You’re guaranteed to be friends for life!
Easter Sugar Cookie Dough Bark
- 1 17.5 ounce pouch sugar cookie mix
- 1 stick butter room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 bag 24oz Wilton yellow candy melts
Start by lining a cookie sheet with parchment paper – set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the sugar cookie mix with the butter and milk. You may find it is easiest to mix this dough with your hands.
In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt half the candy melts per the instructions on the bag. Once smooth, pour the candy melts onto the parchment paper and spread to about ¼ inch thick. Working with a little dough at a time, top the chocolate with the dough. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes until it is starting to harden.
Melt the remaining candy melts and pour over the top of the dough spreading it with a spatula. Top with sprinkles or other decorations.
Chill for 1 hour until completely hardened, then break apart and package up.
Tips for Using Candy Melts
- Take time to carefully read the directions on the back of the package of candy melts before you begin.
- This is the exact 3-Piece Glass Mixing Bowl Set that I use. The smallest (1 quart) bowl is perfect for melting chocolate.
- I use a spoonula like the one in this Silicone Spatula Set to mix the chocolate until smooth.
- Be careful removing the bowl from the microwave! These are very hot when melted.
- Please always supervise children around melted chocolate to avoid burns or accidents.
Did you make a recipe? I’d love if you’d tag @jugglingactmama on Instagram so I can see it!
Need more inspiration for no-bake Easter treats? Try these delicious white chocolate dipped pretzels: