Decadent Brownie Mug Cake is an amazing dessert you can share with your special someone!
I’m in love with this Decadent Brownie Mug Cake, which is perfect for two! And the best part? It takes a minute or less cook!
This post has been sponsored by Barlean’s, but all opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links; we are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too! For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy. #ad #Barleans #LoveBarleans
At the end of a long day, there’s nothing I love more than snuggling up on the couch with my husband and enjoying a treat together. A brownie sundae is Mr. Juggling Act’s favorite dessert. When we don’t want to wait for a full pan of brownies to bake and cool, I make this decadent brownie mug cake for two in the microwave. It takes just a few minutes to mix and cook and tastes amazing.
Instead of butter, I use Barlean’s Butter Flavored Coconut Oil, which has a delicious, rich butter flavor that is perfect for baking. I enjoy using this product for my family because it is all organic, non-GMO, Kosher and has absolutely no hydrogenated or trans fats1 . For those with allergies or other dietary concerns, it is also dairy-free, soy-free, and gluten-free. Barlean’s sustainability harvests organic coconuts, then add butter flavoring that comes only from botanical extracts. And, it makes the most luscious silky batter. Go ahead and lick the bowl and spoon, there’s no eggs to worry about! This Brownie Mug Cake has so much chocolate flavor, and the texture (which I spent days perfecting!) is divine – not to dry, not too dense. The things I do for you, dear readers! This week I have made no less than 10 versions of this, but now we’ve got it perfect. Grab a tall glass of milk and let’s make it!
Brownie Mug Cake Shopping List
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Barlean’s Butter Flavored Coconut Oil
- white sugar
- baking powder
- cocoa powder
- vanilla extract
Items You May Also Need:
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
- Mixing Bowl
Products from Amazon.com
For a list of some of my favorite items to use when cooking, please visit my Kitchen Resource page.
Check out these other delicious recipes using tasty Barlean’s products:
- Pineapple Cranberry Smoothie
- Chocolate Chip No Bake Energy Balls
- Blueberry Cranberry Granola Bars Recipe
Decadent Brownie Mug Cake for Two
My mouthwatering Brownie Mug Cake is perfect for late night snacks! You can make this up in 2-minutes flat and be back on the couch cuddling and watching Netflix. What could be better?
How Do You Make Brownie in a Mug?
- Make a chocolate syrup using the coconut oil and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa powder, coconut oil, water, cream and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl. Stir in the chocolate syrup.
- Divide between two greased ramekins.
- Microwave one at a time for 45-60 seconds.
Serve with whipped cream or ice cream and enjoy! (For an extra kick, add a tablespoon of your favorite liquor! Raspberry, orange, and Irish cream are some of my favorites!)
Brownie Mug Cake
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon Barlean's Butter Flavored Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup Barlean's Butter Flavored Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine the semi-sweet chocolate chips and the 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a small dish or ramekin. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. If the chocolate is not smooth, microwave in 10 second intervals, stirring in between, until the mixture is combined and smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients dry ingredients and whisk to combine. Melt the 1/3 cup of coconut oil and add it to the dry ingredients along with the water, cream and vanilla extract. Fold the melted chocolate mixture into the batter.
- Divide the batter between two ramekins.
- Microwave one of the ramekins on high for 45-60 seconds. (Microwaves vary, so start with 45 seconds and add time as needed). Repeat with the second ramekin. This batter actually makes enough for 4 – refrigerate the remainder in an airtight container to save the rest for another night. Simply take it out of the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature. Give it a quick stir before placing into ramekins the second day.
- Allow the brownies to cool for 5 minutes.