I'm in love with this Decadent Brownie Mug Cake, which is perfect for two! And the best part? It takes a minute or less to cook!
At the end of a long day, there's nothing I love more than snuggling up on the couch with my husband and enjoying a treat together. A brownie sundae is Mr. Juggling Act's favorite dessert.
When we don't want to wait for a full pan of brownies to bake and cool, I make this decadent brownie mug cake for two in the microwave. It takes just a few minutes to mix and cook and tastes amazing.
Instead of butter, I use Butter Flavored Coconut Oil, which has a delicious, rich butter flavor that is perfect for baking. And, it makes the most luscious silky batter. Go ahead and lick the bowl and spoon, there's no eggs to worry about!
This Brownie Mug Cake has so much chocolate flavor, and the texture (which I spent days perfecting!) is divine - not to dry, not too dense. The things I do for you, dear readers! This week I have made no less than 10 versions of this, but now we've got it perfect. Grab a tall glass of milk and let's make it!
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Butter Flavored Coconut Oil
- white sugar
- baking powder
- cocoa powder
- vanilla extract
Check out these other delicious recipes using tasty Barlean's products:
- Pineapple Cranberry Smoothie
- Chocolate Chip No Bake Energy Balls
- Blueberry Cranberry Granola Bars Recipe
Decadent Brownie Mug Cake for Two
My mouthwatering Brownie Mug Cake is perfect for late night snacks! You can make this up in 2-minutes flat and be back on the couch cuddling and watching Netflix. What could be better?
How Do You Make Brownie in a Mug?
- Make a chocolate syrup using the coconut oil and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa powder, coconut oil, water, cream and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl. Stir in the chocolate syrup.
- Divide between two greased ramekins.
- Microwave one at a time for 45-60 seconds.
Serve with whipped cream or ice cream and enjoy! (For an extra kick, add a tablespoon of your favorite liquor! Raspberry, orange, and Irish cream are some of my favorites!)
Brownie Mug Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon Barlean's Butter Flavored Coconut Oil
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup Barlean's Butter Flavored Coconut Oil
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine the semi-sweet chocolate chips and the 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a small dish or ramekin. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. If the chocolate is not smooth, microwave in 10 second intervals, stirring in between, until the mixture is combined and smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients dry ingredients and whisk to combine. Melt the ⅓ cup of coconut oil and add it to the dry ingredients along with the water, cream and vanilla extract. Fold the melted chocolate mixture into the batter.
- Divide the batter between two ramekins.
- Microwave one of the ramekins on high for 45-60 seconds. (Microwaves vary, so start with 45 seconds and add time as needed). Repeat with the second ramekin. This batter actually makes enough for 4 – refrigerate the remainder in an airtight container to save the rest for another night. Simply take it out of the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature. Give it a quick stir before placing into ramekins the second day.
- Allow the brownies to cool for 5 minutes.
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.