Creating a fun and delicious waffle bar is a fabulous way to finish off a birthday sleepover party!
“This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group®, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #AddSpirit2Breakfast http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV” #ad
There are two things my daughter Olivia loves; waffles and “Spirit Riding Free” on Netflix.
If it she had to choose a third, it would be whipped cream.
To celebrate Olivia's 8th birthday, we created a fun “Spirit Riding Free” themed sleepover.
Olivia's small but spirited birthday sleepover party included an evening of watching“Spirit Riding Free” on Netflix, followed by whispering and giggling for half the night.
Then it was time for breakfast and the Waffle Bar!
Waffle Bar Shopping List:
When it comes to parties, I like to keep things simple. EGGO waffles are warm, fluffy and delicious and the French Toast Waffles are totally shareable. They are the perfect dunkable size! After I grabbed a bunch of those in the freezer section at Wal-Mart, I headed to the dairy aisle for whipped cream. I love the convenience of Reddi-Wip, but also because they use best dairy cream in original flavors and high-quality coconut cream in non-dairy varieties.
Here are the items I purchased:
- Reddi-Wip Original
- EGGO Cinnamon Toast Waffles
- EGGO Strawberry Waffles
Waffle Bar Toppings
A good waffle bar has a few topping choices. A great waffle bar has a lot of choices! Here are some ideas:
- Fresh fruit such as banana slices, strawberries, blueberries and raspberries are great toppings to include in a waffle bar.
- Sauces and syrups are a must!
- Whip up a batch of our Maple Bacon Compound Butter, which is perfect on EGGO Homestyle Waffles.
- Toasted coconut, granola or chopped nuts add a fun crunchy texture.
- Yogurt is also a yummy topping for waffles.
- Our Blackberry Cream Cheese Spread is perfectly delicious, specially with fruit waffles.
- Sprinkles, mini-chocolate chips, or mini-marshmallows definitely say 'party' and add a fun whimsical element to a birthday waffle bar!
How do you keep waffles warm?
Start by lightly toasting the waffles. Add a cooling rack on top of a large sheet pan and lay the waffles out. Set the oven to warm and place the trays in the oven. To keep the oven crisping the waffles too much, add a small pan of water in an oven safe dish.
How to Plan a Waffle Bar
- Plan on 2-3 waffles per adult and 1-2 waffles per child.
- Choose toppings with a variety of textures, flavors and colors.
- Keep waffles warm in the oven set to WARM until ready to serve.
- Arrange everything buffet-style and let guests serve themselves.
- Add whimsical decorations to add to the party atmosphere.
Homemade Sauce Recipes
Store-bought sauces work perfectly, especially when you're in a rush. Here are some homemade recipes to try out when you have a little extra time:
More Delicious Breakfast Ideas for Kids:
from left to right:
from left to right:
What a blast the girls must of had! Everyone loves to build their own waffles and I love the ease and shortcut of using EGGO Waffles, so smart! Planning a party is difficult enough without doing all the cooking!
Ang Paris says
Super fun, and mama didn't mind the waffles either!!
Our girls love Spirit too. And waffles! And whipped cream - I have the blue Reddi-wip in our fridge right now - sooo delicious. Such a great idea to put some water in the oven to keep the waffles from crisping up too much!