Homemade Chocolate Covered Pretzel and Caramel Ice Cream is a rich decadent treat made with Oakhurst milk and cream. Your whole family is going to love this special treat! Thank you to Oakhurst for sponsoring today’s homemade ice cream post. As always, all opinions are my own. #ad #SoWorthIt #OakhurstDairy
My family loves making our own ice cream and coming up with new ideas to mix into our classic vanilla ice cream base. The kids are always mesmerized watching the liquid churn and freeze. These are the fun moments with my family that are #SoWorthIt. This Homemade Chocolate Covered Pretzel and Caramel Ice Cream is a delicious frozen treat that’s perfect for summer. Mr. Juggling Act loves anything caramel, so the kids and I dreamed up this combination one day while he was at work. It’s fun to get the kids in the kitchen, and their faces just lit up when they brought Daddy a bowl of this ice cream they’d dreamed up (with a little help) just for him.
Items You May Need:
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $6.99Was: $8.95
Price: $32.72Was: $34.99
For a list of some of my favorite items to use when cooking, and why I chose them, please visit my Kitchen Resource page.
Homemade Chocolate Covered Pretzel and Caramel Ice Cream Recipe
You will LOVE this homemade ice cream recipe!
Chocolate Covered Pretzel & Caramel Ice Cream
It is amazing how simple this is to make. Here’s the recipe, let me know how you liked it!
Homemade Chocolate Covered Pretzel & Caramel Ice Cream
- 1 cup Oakhurst Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- pinch salt
- 2 cups Oakhurst Heavy Cream
- 1 vanilla bean halved and scraped
- 2 cups chocolate covered pretzels pieces
- 1 cup store-bought caramel sauce
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, sugar, vanilla and salt until the sugar is dissolved. Gently stir in the heavy cream. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Turn on the ice cream maker and pour the cream mixture into the frozen freezer bowl and let mix until it begins to thicken, about 15 minutes. The ice cream will have a soft, creamy texture.
- Turn off the ice cream machine and gently mix in the chocolate covered pretzel pieces and caramel by hand.
- Use a spatula to scoop the ice cream into an air-tight container.
- Freeze for about 2 hours so that the ice cream hardens thoroughly.
- Store the ice cream in an air-tight container in the freezer for up to 1 week.
This recipe works perfectly for a 6-cup (1.5 quart) ice cream maker. Before starting, be sure the freezer bowl has been in the freezer for a minimum of 6 hours. This is my go-to recipe for all my homemade ice cream recipes. It’s so rich and delicious, thanks to the Oakhurst milk and heavy cream. You can mix in a variety of fun flavors using cookies, candies and store-bought sauces.
Follow me on Pinterest for more amazing recipes:
We’ve got something for everyone from breakfast to dessert, and everything in between!
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Out of stock
Price: $24.37Was: $24.99
Price: Check on Amazon
You might also enjoy these other Frozen Treats:
from left to right: