This Ham and Pineapple Bruschetta is perfect for easy meals or snacks during the summer because it’s so versatile and you can make it right on the grill. It works as an elegant appetizer, or a kid-friendly meal!
The kids are finally out of school and the last thing I really want to be doing is cooking! I know that is terrible to say when you are a food blogger, but it is true for us as well sometimes.
So how do I combat these feelings? I use my grill. Is it me or does it just seem like everything cooks so much faster on the grill? I know it is probably just in my head but seriously I can’t live without my grill in the summer!
Here in NC we have been peaking a few days already at 100. Now let me tell you it’s hot. The humidity alone makes you want to run for a cold shower.
Anyways because I have been using my grill I have been trying to think of things to throw on it. That is how these Ham and Pineapple Bruschetta showed up on my plate.
I decided to just go into my fridge and see what I could create. We do pizza A LOT, so I said why not add our favorite ingredients to these. My younger girls devoured them and asked for more!
They are super simple to make. All you have to do is grill one side of your bread, flip it, add the ham and pineapple. Top it with cheese and you are done! Allow the cheese to melt a bit before you take them off the grill. Voila you are done! ENJOY!
Ham and Pineapple Bruschetta
- 1/2 French baquettes sliced 1-inch thick (about 6 slices)
- 6 slices black forest deli ham
- 4 ounces pineapple tidbits drained
- 1/4 cup shredded mexican cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat grill to 300 degrees or medium heat.
- Brush one side of each slice of bread with olive oil, place that side on grill.
- Cook for 2-4 minutes or until the bread turns to golden brown.
- Brush the top side of the bread, Flip.
- Add a slice of ham, 3 or 4 tidbits pineapple and cheese to the top.
- Repeat on all slices.
- Cook for 2-4 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Take off grill and ENJOY!
Also don't allow the grill to go above 300 degrees!
More Delicious Recipes:
- Cheesy Ranch Tater Tots
- Cranberry Grape Goat Cheese Crostini
- Turkey Pesto Panini Sandwich
- Raspberry Mint Bread