As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi there! It’s Keri back from Shaken Together! So tell me … are you taking any fun Summer trips this year? Long weekends at the beach? Staycation at a local lake, state park or hotel? (You can read about our trip to Blue Ridge, GA last year if you want!) Whatever or wherever you decide to go, this adorable Buckets of Fun Summer Gift idea is a sweet gift for the kiddos! Pack a plastic bucket full of inexpensive toys, small treats and little indulgences and attach a cute tag to make the road trip more bearable and the time spent together a bit more fun!
Buckets of Fun Summer Gift
I picked up a bucket filled with a few sand toys at Target for about $4 and added a few fun finds to fill the bucket. I was able to stay under $10! (You could also make a quick trip to your local dollar store or big box store to find inexpensive fillers – especially if you are making a few of these gifts.)
Here is a big list of toys and treats to tuck inside that are perfect for all kinds of Summer trips:
- A package of crackers, cookies or fruit snacks
- Candy necklace
- Sidewalk chalk
- Small toy cars
- Action figures / small dolls
- Plastic animal figurines
- A new card game
- A new book to read
- Small activity books
- Crayons/colored pencils
- Temporary tattoos
- Goggles / snorkel set
- New swim trunks / bathing suit / beach towel
- Fun socks
- Flip flops or water shoes
- DVD to watch in the car
- CD or new music downloads to listen to in the car – print out a picture of the artist(s) and tuck it in the bucket
- New audio book to listen to in the car – print out a picture of the book cover and tuck it in the bucket
- New apps for phones/tablets – or tuck an iTunes gift card in the bucket
- Water gun
- Inflatable Floaties / Swim Ring
- Water balls
- Mini football
- Hair ties / barrettes / headbands
- Hat / visor
- Lip balm (especially with sunscreen)
- Antibacterial hand gel
- “Fun Tickets” or brochures for events/places to visit on your trip
Once you decide on what to fill the bucket with, tuck everything inside (you can use tissue paper to fill in any gaps and help hold the items up so they can be seen) and attach the printable tag with tape! I also punched a hole in the tag and added a few strands of brightly colored twine.
These make great “busy buckets” for the car but if you are staying closer to home this Summer, no worries! A Buckets of Fun Summer gift would also be a cute party favor for guests at a pool or beach themed party! I’m sure everyone would like to take home a little bucket full of fun things to discover!
Looking for more DIY gifts?!