Hi, I’m Megan from The Domesticated Wolf! Today I am thrilled to be sharing my recipe for gluten free banana bites! As a New York City based registered dietitian, my clients are always asking for gluten free dessert and snack ideas, and these hit the spot [gluten free or not!].
Gluten free diets have come under a lot of scrutiny recently. While I do not think everyone needs to follow a gluten free diet, for those who suffer from gluten allergies, sensitivities and intolerances, it's so important to find or make delicious and satisfying wholesome food choices. Well...look no further!
Good for kids and adults, little ones and big ones alike seem to love the natural sweetness of this two-bite, portion controlled snack! Plus, the recipe could not be easier – feel free to use what you have in your kitchen to put your personal touch on this tasty treat -- toasted coconut, chocolate chips, crushed nuts or dried fruit would be an excellent addition!
I especially like to use mini muffin pans when baking sweet treats. Sometimes a bite or two is enough to satisfy a sweet craving and pre-portioning baked goods makes it easier to resist overeating. This way, the work is already done for you!
Gluten Free Banana BitesAdd to Your Recipe BoxGo to Collections Print Pin Rate
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 large egg beaten
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoon butter melted and cooked
- 2 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large bowl mix mashed bananas, beaten egg, rolled oats and melted butter until well combined, set aside
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and salt, stir to combine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease one mini muffin tray very well
- Combine banana and spice mixture until well incorporated
- With a small cookie scoop or tablespoon, fill each muffin container ¾ of the way full
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until browned and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean
- Let cool at least 10 minutes before removing bites from the muffin tin
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.
Sign up for our emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam.
Do you follow a gluten free diet? What's your favorite way to use bananas? We'd love to hear from you if you try this recipe at home! Hope you love this recipe!