Blueberry and Peach Easy Monkey Bread is a deliciously easy recipe you can easily make with the kids!
Fresh blueberries and juices peaches make this monkey bread extra special. Blueberry & Peach Easy Monkey Bread is the recipe kids will ask for again and again! #RhodesBread #FrozenDough #ad
I love being able to go to a local farm and pick fresh fruit in the summertime. Of course, here in New England, summer comes later than in many other parts of the country. Our blueberries won’t be ready until July, and peaches are even further off than that. But it’s easy enough to get fresh fruit at the grocery store right now and that’s good enough for me. My Blueberry and Peach Easy Monkey Bread will tie us over until we can pick our own fresh fruits.
What is Monkey Bread?
It’s called bread, but it’s more like a giant cinnamon roll in a way. Monkey bread is made by taking small balls of yeast dough and making a sauce – usually sweet. The most common one you see is exactly like a cinnamon roll because it’s made with brown sugar and cinnamon. There are hundreds of thousands of variations on monkey bread, including savory versions.
Baking with Kids
This is a super fun recipe to make with the kids. Cooking and baking in the kitchen is a great way to spend quality time with your children, and teach some math and science concepts at the same time. My daughter loves to wash the dishes afterwards, and so what if I have to rewash most of it? She’s happy, I’m happy, it’s all good! Ethan loves measuring and mixing, and they both love cutting things! Don’t worry, I’m not talking about slicing the peaches. The dough for this monkey bread is Rhodes Frozen Dinner Rolls. It’s such a versatile ingredient! The kids each get a butter knife and cut the rolls into quarters. It’s actually a time consuming task I don’t really enjoy, but they love it! Plus, a semi-homemade recipe without a ton of ingredients to measure is ideal. Let’s face it, we all get a little side-tracked when the kids are in the kitchen!
Blueberry + Peach Easy Monkey Bread Shopping List
- Rhodes Dinner Rolls
- fresh peaches
- fresh blueberries
From Your Staples:
- white sugar
- brown sugar
- ground cinnamon
Items You May Also Need:
- Mixing Bowl
- Bundt Pan
- Serving Platter
For a list of some of my favorite items to use when cooking, please visit my Kitchen Resource page.
Blueberry + Peach Easy Monkey Bread
You’re going to love how easily this all comes together in the end, and there’s not really that much clean up honestly. And talk about versatile! This lovely bundt-shaped monkey bread is perfect for brunch or dessert. Drizzle it with a little maple syrup or hit it with a dollop of whipped cream for breakfast. For dessert, you can’t go wrong with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
Blueberry Peach Monkey Bread
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 21 Rhodes Dinner Rolls thawed but still cold
- 2 large peaches peeled, putted and diced (about 2 cups)
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon divided
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar divided
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees F. Grease a bundt pan.
- Toss together the diced peaches and blueberries with the lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, and sugars. Set aside.
- Cut the thawed dough into quarters. Toss them with the melted butter and remaining 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Add 1/3 of the rolls to the bundt pan, then cover with 1/2 of the fruit mixture.
- Add the second layer of rolls, and top with the remaining fruit. Finish with the last layer of rolls.
- Scrape any leftover butter-sugar mixture on top.
- Set in a warm place and allow the rolls to rise, about 30-45 minutes. You want to rolls to nearly double in size.
- Bake for 40 minutes until bubbly and golden brown.
- Serve warm, or room temperature. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Make a triple berry version by omitting the peaches and adding a cup each of strawberries and raspberries.
Doesn’t this just look amazing?? I love how the blueberries split and the juices run throughout the dough.
- For an Autumn version, use substitute the blueberries and peaches for apples. Add 1 teaspoon apple pie spice mix. Omit the lemon juice and add 1 cup of chopped nuts such as walnuts or pecans for a tasty crunch.
- Use fresh or frozen blackberries in place of blueberries for more unusual but still scrumptious fruit combo.
- Use all peaches and brown sugar instead for a monkey bread that tastes like caramelized peaches.
If you liked this Monkey Bread Recipe, you might also like:
From left to right:
Try one of these other recipes from some of my favorite blogs…
- Maple Pecan Monkey Bread – Julie’s Eats & Treats – Awesome Fall flavors!
- Glazed Lemon Monkey Bread – The Recipe Rebel – Perfect for lemon lovers!
- Strawberry Monkey Bread – Tastes of Lizzy T – Another great summertime recipe!