I love mashed potatoes. My grandmother made hers a tad lumpy with lots of butter and a dash or paprika, or sometimes covered with cheddar cheese. My mom makes hers completely smooth and so decadently creamy. My husband’s are always heavy on the garlic and his mother’s made only with margarine instead of butter. Everyone has their own spin on mashed potatoes. I seem to always be borrowing someone else’s and decided to whip up some of my own.
These are creamy, with lots of butter, and fabulous flavor from the garlic and herb feta cheese. They are easy enough for a weeknight meal, and fancy enough for a holiday dinner. I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!
Garlic and Herb Feta Mashed Potatoes
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 321
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 36g
Saturated Fat 23g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrates 57g
Dietary Fiber 6g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 3 pounds red bliss potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1/2 to 1 cup heavy cream, room temperature
- 1 cup Garlic and Herb Feta
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Peel only half of the potatoes, and cut them in half. Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. The water should be about an inch higher than the potatoes. Add a dash of salt to the pot. Bring to a boil, add salt and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain potatoes well. Put then back in the pot and cook over low heat to evaporate the rest of the water. Mash in the butter. Add heavy cream a little at a time until desired consistency reached. Fold in almost all of the feta, reserving some for the top of the dish. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Garnish with the remaining feta cheese and serve immediately.
Juggling Act Mama https://www.jugglingactmama.com/