As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Today, I’m sharing my Strawberry Lime Jam recipe. It’s perfect for holiday gift giving!
- 5 cups prepared strawberries
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 box Sure-Jell fruit pectin
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 7 cups sugar measured into another bowl
- Prepare your canning jars first. I learned a trick from my Dad that works wonders and saves time. Load up your jars, lids, bands and utensils into the dishwasher and run it on the sanitize cycle. Dry everything thoroughly.
- While that runs, fill a water canner half full and bring to a boil.
- Place a kitchen towel on the counter next to the stove and place the sanitized jars on the cloth with the lids and bands near by. (I love using small jars like this, as they make fabulous gifts for the holidays!)
- Prepare the strawberries by removing the hull and crushing them with a potato masher. Add to a large stock pot and mix in the lime zest and juice. Stir in the pectin and bring the mixture to a rolling boil. Add the butter and stir in the sugar. Stir, stir, stir! Return to a rolling boil and cook exactly 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat, skim off any foam with a metal spoon. Ladle the mixture into the prepared jars, leaving 1/8-inch headspace. Carefully add the lids and screw the bands on tightly. Place the jars onto an elevated rack in the canner. The water must completely cover the jars.
- Bring to a boil and process for ten minutes. Remove and place on the towel to cool – then wait for all the little PING noises from the jars. Once the jars are fully cooled, check the seals and refrigerate any jars that pop back when you press on the lid.
Please Note: I am not a registered dietician. Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes.
This recipe originally appeared on Mom’s Test Kitchen where I was a contributor. You can find that post here.