These Raspberry Jam Oatmeal bars are a quick and easy dessert or snack idea! Change up the flavor by changing the jam!
Hey y’all! It’s Jamie from Love Bakes Good Cakes! I’m back this month with another recipe for you. I don’t know about you, but I like having easy dessert recipes for those times when I need something quick. The great thing about these Raspberry Jam Oatmeal bars is, they’re not overly sweet and you can easily change the flavor just by switching the jam! Not to mention, I always have all of the ingredients on hand – which makes this recipe a win in my book! These little bars are just enough of a treat without being heavy and super filling.
Raspberry Jam Oatmeal Bars
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅛ tsp. baking soda
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅓ cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 1 pkg. 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp. butter softened
- ⅓ cup seedless raspberry preserves
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease or line a 9x9x2-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, salt, oats and brown sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream the cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer. Add the flour mixture; beat on low speed until the mixture is crumbly. Measure out 1 cup of the crumb mixture, set aside.
- Press the remaining crumb mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the preserves and lemon juice. Carefully spread the preserves mixture over the hot crust. Sprinkle the reserved crumb mixture over the top. Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
My kiddos love these for an after school snack! I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
More Bar Recipes: