Key Lime Cupcakes with Key Lime Cream Cheese Frosting are the perfect Spring and Summer Treat! They're sweet and tart at the same time, and oh-so pretty!
Call me crazy, but before this, I’d never experienced the yumminess that is key lime flavor! These Key Lime Cupcakes with Key Lime Cream Cheese Frosting are moist and delicious, not too sweet, and with plenty of zesty-sweet key lime flavor. I’m pretty proud of this one, and I hope you enjoy it too!
Since I've made these, I've been experimenting with all kinds of key lime flavored sweets.
Of course, you can make these any time of year... they would be great for St. Patrick's Day or Easter, too. Whenever you make these Key Lime Cupcakes with Key Lime Cream Cheese Frosting, everyone is sure to love them!
If you want my very best cream cheese recipe without Key Lime, make sure you check out this recipe.
Be sure to check out my Juggling Act Mama Storefront on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of great products to make your life easier! Thanks so much for being a part of Juggling Act Mama ❤
More Amazing Recipes:
- Red Velvet Cake Balls: Easy Recipe - VIDEO
- Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting and Maple Syrup Drizzle
- Oreo Cookie Bark
Key Lime Cupcakes with Key Lime Cream Cheese Frosting
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Cupcake Pan
Key Lime Cupcakes:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup whole milk room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon keylime juice
- 1 tablespoon keylime zest
- 4 oz unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 2 large egg whites room temperature
Keylime Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 6 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 6 oz butter room temperature
- Zest and juice of 2 key limes
- 3-½ cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees F. Line your muffin tins, or grease well.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a medium bowl; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter until creamy. Add in the sugar, key lime zest, and juice and beat again until fluffy. Add in the milk, egg, and egg whites and beat to combine. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and gently add the dry ingredients a little at a time until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared muffin tin cups. Bake for 20-22 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, add the butter and cream cheese. Beat until smooth. Add the zest and juice from the key limes and beat to combine. Finally, add the powdered sugar into the bowl and mix gently on low until combined. Beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Frost cooled key lime cupcakes by hand, or transfer the frosting to a piping bag. Store any leftover frosting in an airtight container the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.