Planning a brunch? Add this Strawberry Cream Cheese Pull Apart Bread to your menu!
Our Strawberry Cream Cheese Pull Apart Bread is an impressive brunch recipe you can make with the kids. You'll love how easy this is to make! #ad – This recipe has been sponsored by Rhodes Bread. As always, all opinions are my own. #RhodesBread #FrozenDough #ad
I love baking with the kids and this Strawberry Cream Cheese Pull Apart Bread is such a fun recipe to make with them. Making the dough pockets takes a little finesse, and is easier for adults, but kids can easily help spoon the jam into the rolls. And once the loaf is risen and baked, kids can help drizzle on the yummy icing, too. My kids favorite part though? Slicing the bread and finding out what cool pattern is inside. Where did all those little pockets end up? And who will get a piece with the most filing? It's pure breakfast fun!
If I was having to make this dough from scratch, it would take forever. Not only would the kids get bored, but so would I! With this Strawberry Cream Cheese Loaf Pull Apart Bread, I start with Rhodes Dinner Rolls frozen dough. It's as simple as thawing, filling and baking! There's no kneading, no flour all over the floor, and very little clean up. That's my kind of recipe! I love semi-homemade recipes because they leave me with time to do other things with my kiddos.
You can use store-bought jam, and swap out the flavor for a variety of delicious flavors. To me strawberry and cream cheese just pair so well together, but raspberry preserves or blueberry jam would be delicious, also. If you're looking for a great homemade strawberry jam recipe, check out my Strawberry Lime Jam this berry season. It's so delicious!
- Rhodes Frozen Dinner Rolls
- Strawberry Jam
- Cream Cheese
- Vanilla Extract
- Almond Extract (optional)
- Confectioner's Sugar
- Slivered Almonds (optional)
Items You May Need
- Plastic Wrap
- Bread Pan
- Mixing Bowl
How To Make Pull Apart Bread
- Take the thawed dough and flatten each ball into a 4-inch circle.
- Place a smear of cream cheese and about a half teaspoon of jam in the centers.
- Pinch the edges of the dough together to enclose the filling.
- Place the dough balls into a greased 10x5 or 9x5 pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise.
- Remove the wrap and bake at 350-degrees F for 30-40 minutes.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Pull Apart Bread
Strawberry Cream Cheese Loaf
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 20 Rhodes Dinner rolls thawed but still cold
- ¾ cup strawberry jam
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract optional
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- Spray a 10x5 or 9x5 loaf pan, set aside.
- Flatten each dough ball into a 4-inch circle. Place a smear of cream cheese and about a half a teaspoon strawberry jam in the centers. Pinch edges of dough together to enclose filling.
- Place the dough balls into the prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise.
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees F. Remove the plastic wrap and bake for 35-40 minutes, covering with foil for the last 10 minutes.
- Remove to a cooling rack and let cool.
- Combine the icing ingredients and whisk until smooth. Drizzle over the cooler Strawberry Cream Cheese Loaf.
- Optional, before baking, sprinkle the dough with 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, if desired.
- Cutting slices of this is so fun for the kids to see where the pockets of filling are. It's beautiful and tasty!
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.
- Add the zest of one lemon to the icing and omit the almond extract.
- Swap out the strawberry for another flavor like blueberry or raspberry.
- Omit the jam and include ¼ teaspoon of brown sugar and a sprinkle of cinnamon in each dough ball.
The icing is simple to make, and adds just the right amount of sweetness to this Strawberry Cream Cheese Pull Apart Bread.
I’m a big fan of using Rhodes frozen bread and rolls to come up with delicious recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and even appetizers. Check out some of my favorite other recipes I’ve developed on behalf of Rhodes Bread: