Strawberry Peach BBQ Sauce is the most aromatic and delicious sauce you'll have all grilling season!
How to Grill Peaches
- Cut peaches along the seam all the way around until you can twist the two halves off the pit.
Brush the cut sides with vegetable oil. For good measure, also brush your grill with oil.
For beautiful grill marks, do not move the peaches for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn the peaches to cook the other cut side.
- Remove from the grill with tongs and let cool before removing the skins.
Strawberry Peach BBQ Sauce Shopping List
- fresh peaches
- maple syrup
- strawberry preserves
- peach preserves
- balsamic vinegar
- chipotle chili in adobo
- ground ginger
- Worcestershire sauce
- Dijon mustard
- olive oil
Items You May Need
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
- Mixing Bowl
- Silicone Spatula Set
- Sauce Pot
- Immersion Blender
For a list of some of my favorite items to use when cooking, please visit my Kitchen Resource page.
What Can I Substitute for Chipotle in Adobo?
The first time you make any of my recipes, I suggest you do it just as I've laid out for you. These recipes have been tested and we know what works well.
Chipotle in Adobo comes in a can. The chipotle peppers are smoked and dried. Then they are mixed in a sweet and tangy red sauce that includes tomato, vinegar and seasonings. The flavor is smoky and a little spicy, but not overpowering.
But... if truly have to substitute Chipotle in Adobo, here's what you can do: mix a tablespoon of tomato paste with a tablespoon of cider vinegar. Mix in 1 teaspoon chipotle powder, ½ teaspoon of cumin, along with a pinch each of garlic powder and salt. Mix well to combine.
Strawberry Peach BBQ Sauce
Strawberry Peach BBQ Sauce
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups strawberries hulled and halved
- 2 cups fresh peaches halved and pitted
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Scant 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup onion minced
- Preheat the grill to approximately 425-degrees F. Wrap a small tray with tinfoil and spray lightly with cooking spray. Add the prepared strawberries and cook over indirect heat on the grill until the strawberries begin to caramelize, about 3 minutes. You may want to stir and cook 1-2 minutes more.
- Spray the grill over direct heat. Brush the peaches with olive oil for good measure and place the peach halves on. Grill 3-4 minutes per side, then remove and let cool so they can be handled.
- Over medium high heat, add the olive oil to a small saucepan. Cook the onions until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Add the ketchup, maple syrup, strawberry and peach preserves, balsamic vinegar, chipotle in adobo, garlic, ginger, and Dijon mustard. Whisk to combine.
- Remove the skins from the peaches and roughly chop them. To the sauce pot, add the strawberries and peaches. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 5-6 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the mixture. Use as a marinade or serve on the side for dipping.
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.
Sign up for our emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam.
Semi-Homemade Peach BBQ Sauce
If you're short on time, but still want to try this Strawberry Peach BBQ Sauce, use our semi-home shortcut recipe.
- Select a store-bought BBQ sauce.
- Grill the peaches and strawberries according to the recipe above.
- Put the fruit and BBQ sauce into the food processor.
- Add in the chipotle chili in adobo.
- Process until smooth.
This is the Food Processor that I use. It is inexpensive but works great, and it doesn't take up too much space on the counter.
What Proteins Go Well with Peaches?
Need some ideas on what to put this yummy BBQ sauce on? Try one of these proteins:
- Chicken and other poultry such as quail and pheasant
- Pork Chops or even tenderloin in the slow cooker
- White Fish such as Halibut, Cod or Haddock
- Grilled Salmon