Instant Pot Easy Meals - When you want dinner on the table but don't have the time to stand over the range cooking it on busy weeknights, the Instant Pot can really save the day.
Stumped as to what to make in your pressure cooker? Look no further! We've rounded up lots of different Instant Pot meals that are perfect for busy weeknights.
If you struggle to get dinner on the table, you need two things:
- My FREE Menu Planner and Grocery List Printable Set.
- Instant Pot
Getting organized is key, and finding quick and easy recipes are my specialty! Instant Pot Meals are fast and often cheap, too. You can do so much more than just make soup with your Instant Pot.
Instant Pot FAQ
Here are some frequently asked questions about using an Instant Pot:
An Instant Pot is basically a pressure cooker that cooks food quickly while a Crock-Pot or "Slow Cooker" typically takes 4 hours or longer. Both devices make cooking easier for busy moms, but the slow cooker requires planning ahead and usually prepping the meal in the morning. Instant Pot meals are made just before mealtime and require less planning.
An oven-safe bowl will work in the Instant Pot and you can use disposable aluminum pans also. Most pressure cookers come with a trivet also.
Yes, both aluminum foil and parchment paper are fine in the Instant Pot.
An Instant Pot works by building pressure up in the inner pot. Before you can open the lid, you need to release the pressure. NPR or natural pressure release is one way to do that.
While you can put frozen meat into an Instant Pot, it is not recommended. It will take extra time for the pressure to build so your recipe will take longer than if the meat is thawed. Your meat may be uncooked or unevenly cooked, therefore I recommend always starting with thawed ingredients.
How do I set my Instant Pot to seal?
- Put the cooking vessel into the pressure cooker.
- Add your ingredients and liquid to the pot.
- After that, lock the lid into place.
- Place the vent in the sealing position.
- Next, select a button for cooking.
- Then, set the cooking time. After the machine beeps, it will begin cooking.
Note: It can take 5 to 25 minutes for the pressure cooker to come up to the desired temperature depending on the size of your pot and the ingredients inside.
Instant Pot Tips
- Just like any recipe, read through the entire thing before you begin making your Instant Pot recipe and follow the recipe as written.
- Cut your meat and/or vegetables into uniform sizes so that they cook evenly.
- Do not overfill your cooking pot.
- Take care in where you place your pressure cooker, keeping in mind where the steam will vent. It's never a good idea to keep it underneath wooden cabinets.
- To keep your Instant Pot in good working order, you'll want to replace the silicone sealing ring every 18-24 months because they stretch over time.
Check out these tips and resources from my friend Deb to help guide and simplify making Instant Pot Meals.
Instant Pot Easy Meals for Busy Moms
There are so many amazingly delicious meals that will work in a pressure cooker that will save you loads of time.
You may also want to check out my Busy Moms Survival Guide for more tips and ideas on how to get meals on the table without going crazy!
Pork Instant Pot Recipes
Using a pressure cooker for pork is really simple, and these are the recipes we think you should try right away:
- Pulled pork is one of my favorite foods in the world, but sometimes I don't want to wait all day to enjoy it. This Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork recipe will let you enjoy it in under 2 hours!
Chicken Instant Pot Recipes
If you're like me, you probably eat chicken several times a week, right? You are sure to find an Instant Pot Easy Meal on this list:
- Speaking of comfort food, you don't want to miss Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings! Look at how creamy and delicious it looks!
- With only five minutes prep time, this Chicken Taco Bowl recipe is sure to save the day on those busy weeknights where you hardly have any time to make dinner.
- Instant Pot Chicken Wings will be a hit whether you're making them as an appetizer for a party or as a quick meal.
- If you're in a hurry, make this Asian Chicken in the Instant Pot. It's also a wonderful recipe for the slow cooker, too, if you have more time.
Beef Instant Pot Recipes
The list of Instant Pot Easy Meals with beef are nearly endless, but here are some of our most favorite dishes:
- Mongolian Beef and Broccoli is a flavorful, easy dish with tender beef and lots of yummy sauce - it's one of my favorite instant pot meals!
- We had pot roast for dinner on many Sundays when I was growing up, and it's still one of my favorite comfort foods today. Pressure Cooker Pot Roast ensures you get your favorite "tastes like home" dish on the table in no time.
Meatless Instant Pot Recipes
Going meatless for one or two meals each week can save loads of money on your grocery bill. You're going to love these easy recipes:
- You won't even miss the meat with this Instant Pot Lo Mein. It's chock full of veggies!
- My Instant Pot Mac and Cheese (pictured below) is a favorite because it's super quick and easy and SO darn good!
Instant Pot Soup Recipes
When it comes to Instant Pot Easy Meals, it doesn't get much more simple than making soup! Here are some must-try recipes:
- Ham and White Bean Soup is a wonderful meal to make in a large pressure cooker. You'll have lunch ready for days!
- And whether you're sick or simply craving a familiar dish, there's never a bad time to have a big bowl of Chicken Noodle Soup.
- Zucchini and Tomato Soup makes a great lunch when you're looking for something light and healthy.