The kids will love making these delicious Chocolate Covered Oreos for Dad this Father's Day! Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Should you make a purchase from one of these links, I will earn a small commission. This does not impact the price of the item(s).
Chocolate Covered Oreos for Dad are a fun and easy homemade gift!
My husband loves Oreo Cookies (and my Oreo Truffle Balls!), so these are the perfect treat to make this Father's Day. The kids love helping me with chocolate covered Oreo's.
You'll need to take care with the hot candy melts. I recommend doing this project with school age children or older, and always supervise. I handle the melted chocolate myself, but let the kids help choosing the colors, and placing the icing and decorations after the chocolate has set.
Yields: 1 dozen
Here's how to make these tasty and fun Chocolate Covered Oreos for Dad:
- 12 regular Oreo cookies
- Cookie molds (Amazon link below)
- ½ cup Wilton royal blue candy melts
- ½ cup Wilton blue candy melts
- ½ cup Wilton orange candy melts
- ½ cup Wilton vibrant green candy melts
- Wilton white icing tube
- Wilton mustache icing decorations
I recommend having two molds, as it makes the process go much quicker.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the royal blue candy melts for 45 seconds. Stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of the melted royal blue chocolate into 3 of the cookie molds. Place an Oreo on top of the melted chocolate. Spoon additional melted chocolate on top of each cookie, up to the top of each mold.
- Microwave the light blue candy melts for 45 seconds and stir until melted.
- Repeat with each of the colors until you have 12 Oreos.
- Place the cookie molds into the refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes to allow the chocolates to harden.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper. Gently pop the chilled cookies out of their molds and place on the lined cookie sheet.
- Apply icing gel to the back of each candy mustache and place in the middle of the cookies.
You can place these in a Bakery Box lined with parchment paper for a beautiful presentation. Dad is sure to love them!