Easy to make Blueberry Mousse Puff Pastry Cups with lemon that bake up in just about 20 minutes from contributor Nancy of The Bitter Side of Sweet.
Summer is officially here and I don't know about you but I want desserts that are easy to make and do not take a lot of effort. That is what you get with these puff pastry cups.
I just recently discovered that you can buy the cups already cut out for you, you just pop them in the oven and when they are done, you poke a hole in it. Voilà! The cups are ready!
So this time around I decided to make a blueberry mousse to fill them. It is really easy to make it. I just puréed some blueberries with lemon juice. Whipped up some heavy whipping cream. Combined those two items together and bingo, you have your filling! See, it doesn't get much easier than that!
A few tips about the making these Blueberry Mousse Puff Pastry Cups:
- The package says to bake at about 20 minutes. I honestly think for my gas oven this was too long. So adjust accordingly to your oven.
- Don't be afraid to poke the whole. I know puff pastry is delicate but they stayed in tact as I poked at them.
- The possibilities are endless when it comes to the filling!
Your guest might also like these tasty Spinach Puff Pastry appetizers, too!
Blueberry Mousse Puff Pastry Cups
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 24 puff pastry cups frozen
- Preheat oven to 400. Place frozen puff pastry cups on sheet pan lined with parchment paper.24 puff pastry cups
- Bake fro 20 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
For the Mousse
- Add blueberries, lemon juice and honey to processor. Process until smooth. Set aside.¼ cup blueberries, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 tablespoon honey
- In mixer add whipping cream, honey and 1 tablespoon blueberry purée.1 cup heavy whipping cream, 1 tablespoon honey
- Whip until firm.
- Slowly stir in remaining purée until completely incorporated.
- Place in piping bag and refrigerate for 10 minutes to allow to thicken.
- Pipe mousse into pastry cups, serve and ENJOY!
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.