These candied nuts are always a huge hit at our house whether we are hosting guests for pre-dinner drinks a casual brunch. Plus, I love any kind of indulgent food that is rooted in a health food. Here, we are talking walnuts! Walnuts are rich in healthy good-for-you fats, muscle building protein and belly filling fiber. A perfect snack food and a great addition to almost any dish, walnuts really are a nutrition powerhouse. But if walnuts are not your favorite, any nut will do: cashews, peanuts or almonds would be excellent substitutes.
Vanilla Coconut Walnuts
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 2 egg whites beaten
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1. Pre heat oven to 325 degrees
- 2. In a medium bowl, coat walnuts with egg whites
- 3. In a large bowl, combine sugar, vanilla, spices and coconut
- 4. Combine walnuts and sugar mixture until well
- 5. Place walnuts on a tinfoil lined baking sheet and bake about 20-25 minutes, checking and shaking every 10 minutes, or until walnuts and coconut are toasted
- 6. Serve warm or let sit at room temperature to harden
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.
Sign up for our emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam.
I especially like using whole walnut halves (as opposed to pieces or crushed walnuts) because they hold up nicely against the candy coating and because they are easy to handle -- who wants to serve messy appetizers or coffee table snacks? Try sprinkling these sweets on your favorite morning yogurt or on top of homemade french toast or pancakes!
We'd love to hear from you if you make this dish at home! Hope you enjoy...