Thank you to Conway Scenic Railroad for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions are my own. #Sponsored #WhiteMountains #NH
I can remember riding the Conway Scenic Railroad as a little girl with my parents and sisters. It was such a unique experience, and is even more so today. The old fashioned train station sets the stage for a pretty fun adventure. During our White Mountains summer vacation, we were able to ride the Conway Scenic Railroad, which the kids loved.
The area has seen a lot of change and so the Valley Train rides – which are shorter – are perhaps not quite as scenic as they once were. Still, there are some nice distant mountain views, and some fun spots where the train crosses the river as well.
There are several choices for your excursion:
For families with small children, I would recommend the shorter Valley train to Conway which is about 11 miles and takes less than an hour. Older children may enjoy the longer train to Bartlett which takes about 2 hours.
Conway Scenic Railroad
- Address: 38 Norcross Circle, North Conway, NH
- Website: https://www.conwayscenic.com/
- Tickets Range from $9.50-$90 depending on the type of excursion and seating
For schedules and rates, please visit HERE
Children under 4 ride FREE in Coach on the Valley Trains, and well-behaved dogs are welcomed at Conway Scenic Railroad.
What to Bring to the Conway Scenic Railroad
If you choose to do the Valley Train like we did, I would recommend bringing a few snacks and water bottle, especially if you’re traveling with kids. Definitely bring your camera, as well.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $11.33Was: $11.99
Other White Mountain Area Highlights
- StoryLand – Glen
- Santa’s Village – Jefferson
- Clark’s Trading Post – Lincoln
- The Mt. Washington Auto Road, Gorham
- The Flume Gorge, Franconia
- Jackson Falls, Jackson
- Sabbaday Falls, Conway
- Diana’s Baths, Conway
You might also like to check out these posts:
- Summer Essentials: Make your own Beach & Boat Tote
- Where Kids Eat Free in NH
- Family Road Trip Entertainment
- DIY Custom Vacation Memory Box
- Plan Your Family Vacation Without Going Broke