Fluffy and cheesy pizza puffs are a delicious snack or party finger food everyone will love!
I'm a big fan of Rachel Ray (sign me up for quick and easy meals any day of the week!) and also of pizza.
I saw her Pepperoni Pizza Puffs an decided to give them a whirl. I substituted prosciutto for pepperoni, and added mined garlic to the batter, which gave the puffs a nice salty-garlicky flavor that we really enjoyed.
- baking powder
- shredded cheese
- prosciutto or pepperoni
- tomato sauce
- fresh basil
- red bell pepper
- fresh garlic
This is meant to be a brief overview of this great recipe. For step-by-step instructions and a full printable recipe card with ingredients, please scroll down to the teal box below or Jump to Recipe.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients then add the milk and egg.
- Fold in the cheese, basil, red pepper and garlic.
- Let the mixture rest for ten minutes.
- Preheat the oven and grease a mini muffin tin.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake until golden brown.
🍴 Serving Suggestions
Serve with a tomato sauce for dipping. These are great for parties and game day, but they're also a fun dinner with a side salad!
😋 Similar Recipes
Next time, try one of these delicious recipes:
- Buffalo Chicken Puff Pastry
- Bacon Puff Pastry Twists
- Pepperoni Pizza Sliders
- Meatball Cupcakes
- Stuffed Pizza Rolls
- Pepperoni Pizza Pockets
Related: Pepperoni Pizza Monkey Bread
I found that these freeze (double-bagged) and reheat wonderfully, so they would be great to make before a party.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- ¾ cup flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 4 ounces cheese shredded (about 1 cup)
- 2 ounces prosciutto thinly sliced and chopped
- ½ cup store-bought pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- Whisk together the dry ingredients, then whisk in the milk and egg. Fold in the cheese, prosciutto, basil, red pepper and garlic and let stand for ten minutes.
- While you wait, preheat the oven to 375-degees while you grease a mini-muffin tin.
- Scoop the batter into the tin (I like using my 1" cookie scoop for this). Bake for about 22 minutes until the puffs are golen brown.
- Serve hot with the tomato sauce for dipping.
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.