Everything Mom makes is just better. That's the way it should be, right?
More Party Ideas
Mom's Luscious Buttercream Frosting
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- electric mixer
- 1 ¼ sticks butter
- 8 cups confectioners sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup milk scant!
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoon almond extract
- Let the butter and cream cheese come up to room temperature before starting. While you wait, sift the confectioner’s sugar to get rid of any lumps.
- Once the butter and cream cheese is at room temperature and soft, beat it in the mixer on high until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the vanilla and almond extracts, taking care to measure it perfectly… the almond extract is the “secret ingredient,” but too much will is overpowering.
- Reduce the speed of your mixer, and add the confectioner’s sugar a cup or so at a time. You’ll want to add the milk about half way through. Continue mixing (you can increase the speed a touch) until the ingredients all come together and the frosting looks thick, but not stiff, and creamy but not runny.
- Be sure to do the finger test… you know, where you swipe a (clean) finger in the bowl to test it out… I mean, otherwise you won’t know if it’s perfect (trust me, it will be, but taste testing is the best part!)
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.