These Blueberry Filled Cupcakes come together in no time with a little help from store-bought blueberry pie filling.
These are perfect for any patriotic occasion, too. Just top the cupcakes with strawberries and blueberries, or festive sprinkles.
I love making fun desserts that seem impressive... especially when they're actually pretty simple. There's something about filled cupcakes that seem so fancy, right? But these are a cinch to make using store-bought blueberry pie filling. I'm not above semi-homemade hacks! The result is a tasty cupcake that the whole family will love!
- all- purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- powder sugar
- heavy whipping cream
- canned blueberry pie filling
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat the butter until creamy, then mix with sugar and vanilla and beat again.
- Add eggs and egg whites one at a time to the butter mixture.
- Alternate adding the dry ingredients and buttermilk.
- Scoop the batter into greased muffin tins (or use paper liners).
- Bake at 350-F.
- Remove from oven and cool.
How to Fill Cupcakes
- Once the cupcakes are cooled, use a small smoon or cupcake scoop to make a hole in the top of the cupcakes.
- Fill the whole with blueberry pie filling.
Butter Cream Frosting
- Cream the butter and confectioner's sugar.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and a little bit of heavy cream.
- Once the frosting is creamy but stiff, transfer to a piping bag to decorate.
How simple is that? They're so impressive looking (and tasting) - yet really so simple to make!
More Delicious Blueberry Recipes
- Blueberry Sour Cream Bread
- 20 Irresistible Chocolate Desserts
- Fifteen Incredible Blueberry Recipes
- Mouthwatering Macaroon Recipes
More Cupcake Recipes
Blueberry Filled Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
Blueberry Filled Cupcakes
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- ½ C butter room temp
- 2 egg whites room temp
- 2 eggs room temp
- 2 C all- purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ C buttermilk
- 1 ½ C sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 C soft unsalted butter
- 4 + C powder sugar
- 4 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 can of Blueberry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcakes tins with paper liners.
- Whisk flour, baking powder,salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, beat butter on medium-high for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar and vanilla to the butter, beat until combined.
- Add egg whites and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one is added.
- Alternate the flour and buttermilk mixture, beating on low speed until everything is mixed together.
- Scoop the batter into the lined cupcake tins until they are ⅔ rds filled.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove from cupcake tray and place on wire racks allowing to cool completely.
- Using a small spoon or a cupcake scoop make a small hole in the center of each cupcake. Don't make the hole completely through the cupcake bottom
- Fill the hole in the cupcake to the top of the baked and cooled cupcake with the blueberry filling.
- Cream the butter and powder sugar until it looks light and creamy.
- If it doesn't cream add several drops of the heavy whipping cream until it creams.
- Test to see if the frosting can form and hold a stiff peak by taking a spoonful of frosting and turning the spoon upside down. If the frosting stays on the spoon it is ready if not then....
- Add more powder sugar ½ C at a time.... mix well.
- Test to make sure that the frosting can make and hold a stiff peak.
- If ready scoop the frosting into a pastry bag with a large tip.
- Twist the open end of the pastry bag to push the frosting to the #15 tip.
- Start by frosting on the outside edge of the cupcake working to the center of the cupcake.
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.