Tangy barbecue chicken tucked into biscuit pockets with lots of cheese make for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
I have the perfect dish for you. It's a snack. It's a meal. It's party food. It's a multi-tasking mom's dream come true! You can make it all or part of it ahead of time, too, so it's a great freezer recipes! Seriously, it's my a family favorite recipe that the Juggling Act bunch loves!
You can make this chicken this in large batches and freeze meal-sized portions. Then, pull it out of the freezer and let it thaw in the fridge overnight.
- leftover crockpot barbecue chicken
- 1 can refrigerated biscuits (8-count)
- 1-½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Take the refrigerated biscuits out of the fridge.
- Rreheat the oven to 400-degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and flatten out the biscuits.
- Spoon about two tablespoons of the chicken mixture onto the biscuit and sprinkle with cheese - make sure you say away from the edge so you can seal it.
- Fold the dough over to make a little half-moon shaped pouch and pinch the edges to seal.
- Sprinkle the tops with a bit more of the shredded cheese.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with extra barbecue sauce for dipping.
These smell so heavenly when they're baking. Trust me when I say that you'll have hungry mouths clamoring for these in no time! They are so good, friends, you'll want to make a whole bunch. And invite me over, k?
Once the mini calzones are assembled, you can flash freeze them for two hours, then wrap them in parchment paper and then seal in a freezer bag.
To cook, thaw overnight and then you're good to go as if you'd just made them.
I like to use the 'Texas style' biscuits - it just seems appropriate for barbeque chicken to me!