Ever have one of those moments at a potluck where you're surveying the spread (wondering what the heck is in that crockpot) and your eye lands on something you know you have to try right away? And then when you try it, you just have to beg the recipe from whomever made them?
Well friends, that's how I obtained this yummy recipe. Normally, I'm not a big blueberry lover, but cakey part of these bars is so good that it's the perfect compliment to the blueberry - or any other fruit filling that strikes your fancy!
In fact, I think the thing I love about it is how easy it is to switch up the fruit filling and make a different version.
Easy Blueberry Bars
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 sticks butter softened
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cans blueberry pie filling
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees and grease an 11×17 jelly roll pan.
- In large mixer cream together the softened butter and the sugar. Then add 1 egg at a time (it is best to crack eggs in a separate bowl then add them to the mixer.
- Add vanilla and almond extracts, and then carefully add the flour, a little at a time, until incorporated. The batter will be very thick.
- Spread two-thirds of the batter evenly into the prepared pan. Add 1-2 cans of fruit filling on top of batter, spreading evenly.
- Finally, add the remaining batter on top of filling dotting it all over top so that there is batter in some places and filling in others, which will give it the marbled look.
- Bake until top and edges are slightly brown (about 45-55 minutes). Cool completely before cutting into squares.
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.