Clothespin Basket - This beautiful rustic basket looks excellent with flowers or can hold anything you wish! Our DIY clothespin craft tutorial takes just minutes to put together and will look stunning next to your DIY Wood Tiered Tray.
Do you have a bunch of leftover clothespins that you don’t know what to do with? Clothespin crafts are actually quite popular. This easy upcycled clothespin basket is the perfect way to use leftovers (or Dollar Tree clothespins) and an old can to create a beautiful piece of décor for your home! All you need for this craft are clothespins, a can, and some hot glue to make a beautiful basket for your home.
This is a fantastic project for new crafters or older kids (with supervision as glue guns are very hot).
Consider adding a festive ribbon around the basket, or pop in a battery-powered candle. The possibilities are endless!
- clothespins (I got mine from Dollar Tree)
- metal can
- hot glue gun/glue sticks
How to Make a Clothespin Basket
- First, take apart the clothespin by sliding the wooden pieces away from the metal spring.
- Recycle the metal springs.
- Then, before you begin gluing, I recommend that you dry fit the wood pieces to be sure that it will come out evenly. That is, you don't want to have a gap at the end because the wood pieces do not fit evenly.
- Next, place a thin line of hot glue onto the mostly smooth side of one piece of wood and stick it to the can.
- Repeat until you have gone all the way around the can.
More Trendy Craft Projects
If you liked this Clothespin Basket, you might like to check out more Cool Clothespin Crafts to Make or one of these fun DIY décor projects:
- Pizza Pan Wreath with wood beads, faux greenery and a checked ribbon bow adds charm to your home.
- Customize this DIY Wood Bead Garland project to suite your aesthetics in whatever colors you like.
- Add a touch of minimalist farmhouse style decor to your home with an easy DIY Mini Wooden House Decoration.