Surprise your new teacher with this easy Back to School Teacher Gift. This upcycled desk organizer is inexpensive and easy!
Today, I am excited to share with you a back to school teacher gift that we made for the upcoming school year. Can you believe it's time for school already?
By using some simple and inexpensive items, you can create a heartfelt back to school teacher gift. This back to school gift is simple to create and it doesn't break the bank either, which is great for busy parents.
Related: Back to School Subway Art Printable
You can put this together in under an hour, using items you may already have at home. Even better, I've also created a back to school printable just for you. A perfect addition for any teacher gift.
Teachers can use these pencil vases in so many different ways, storing rulers, pencils and pens, or for flowers. This teacher gift is so adorable and it's simple to create. Are you ready to create a super cute and unique gift for your child's teacher? Then let's get started.
Some of the following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 16 oz canister - an old oatmeal container works, or even a coffee canister that is 16 oz size. We used an old oatmeal canister.
- At least 4 dozen wooden pencils. You may not use them all, but better to have a few extra. Back to school sales are all over the place right now, perfect spot to pick some up pencils for a good price.
- A few pieces of raffia.
- hole punch
- Our free back to school printable. You can download here
- Hot glue gun
- Flowers (optional). You could even fill your canister with markers, pens, or rulers. (Anything your teacher might enjoy.)
Be sure to check out my Juggling Act Mama Storefront on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of great products to make your life easier! Thanks so much for being a part of Juggling Act Mama ❤
Back to School Teacher Gift
Here's how to make an upcycled desk organizer to hold all kinds of school supplies!
STEP 1: Peel your 16z. canister, clean it out, and dry.
STEP 2: Add a line of glue from top to bottom, then glue the pencils one by one, onto the canister. Making sure to cover the whole canister with pencils.
3. Measure your raffia, then cut the piece you need that is going to be wrapped around the canister a few times. Next just wrap your raffia around the canister at least 3 - 4 times.
4. Now you can grab your free printable, and cut out one apple shape for your gift. You can download and save your printable here.
5. Stamp a hole at the top of the apple, using a hole punch.
6. Now you can attach the apple printable to the raffia by pulling it through the hole you just punched, and tying a knot to hold it into place. If the raffia looks too long, you can just trim it down to size.
Back to School Teacher Gift...Completed!
This is a simple, yet unique gift to create for any teacher, guaranteed to put a smile on their faces. We can't wait to bring ours to our favorite teachers in just a few weeks.
I hope you enjoyed learning how to create a unique gift for your child's teacher. Who wouldn't enjoy a nice heartfelt gift, especially from a student at the beginning of the school year.
I'm really looking forward to stopping by next month to share more crafts and activities for the kids. Thanks for having me today. Enjoy your week!
Copy Right Notice
You may print and download these files solely for your own non-commercial use provided that you agree not to change or delete any copyright or proprietary notices from the materials. For more information, please see our Copy Right Notice.
More Back to School Ideas
- 25 Back to School DIY Organization Ideas
- First Day of School Interview Printable
- Mobile Homework Station: Supply Caddy
- Book Name Tag Printables
- Back to School Snacks
About the Author: This post was originally written by Heather from Krafts and Kiddos when she was a contributor for Juggling Act Mama.