Everyone knows how useful baking soda is around the house, but did you know that you can make art projects with it? You can! Check out these 10 really fun baking soda crafts including ornaments and science experiments!
I knew that baking soda was great for a variety of reasons, but these baking soda art projects really put a new spin on things. From ornaments to playdough, to erupting paint (really!) there's a little something for everyone.
If you homeschool, several of these would be great for sensory play as well. I love the baking soda letters in the water table idea for my preschooler. And if you're looking for a keepsake for grandparents this holiday season, make sure you check out the clay handprint project!
How sweet are these little Fingerprint Heart Ornaments from Mama Papa Bubba? I just love this idea so much as a gift for grandparents!
Faux Snow Project
With just a few ingredients you probably already have in the house, including baking soda, you can make this faux snow. Perfect for days when the kids can't get out to play because of the weather.
Slime with Baking Soda
Our mermaid slime recipe doesn't use any borax, but it does use baking soda! You can use this basic recipe to create all kinds of different fun slime projects.
Baking Soda Paint
I don't know about your kids, but mine would absolutely love this Erupting Baking Soda Paint activity from Learn Play Imagine!
More Baking Soda Craft Projects
- Baking Soda Play Dough from Frugal Farm Wife is a great rainy day activity that kids always love.
- Apple Scented Soda Dough from Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails is perfect for helping to develop hand strength.
- Erupting Cupcakes Dramatic Play from Happily Ever Mom is a great sensory activity.
- Baking Soda Letters in the Water Table from Simple Fun for Kids is an awesome way to help kids learn letter recognition.
- Colored Baking Soda Plates from Momdot is a chemistry lesson that even toddlers will love.
- Baking Soda Sea Art from My Pinterventures is a fabulous way to make inexpensive home décor.
- Baking Soda Clay Handprint Keepsakes from Mama Papa Bubba make wonderful keepsakes or holiday gifts for grandparents.
- Secret Messages With Baking Soda from Inspiration Laboratories is perfect for the budding private investigator!