As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Learn How to Make Overnight Oatmeal with fresh apples chopped walnuts and lots of cinnamon! Such a yummy and wholesome way to start your day! #ad – Thank you to Oakhurst for the opportunity to develop this incredible recipe using wholesome Oakhurst products. I am an Oakhurst #SoWorthIt Brand Ambassador. As always, all opinions are my own.
We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But how many times are we rushing like crazy in the morning trying to get around? Get the kids involved in making a healthy breakfast the night before. This is a make ahead breakfast that can be eaten on-the-go. What could be better? They even make a great after-school snack! Overnight Oats couldn’t be easier, and they’re so simple to make!
Overnight Oats Shopping List
- rolled oats
- milk (cow, soy, almond all work great)
- ground cinnamon and vanilla extract
- honey, agave or other sweetner
Items You May Also Need:
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy.
- 8 oz mason jars work great for this recipe!
- apple corer and peeler
- cutting board and knife
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: Check on Amazon
- Price: $9.99
- Price: $14.95
- Price: Check on Amazon
- Price: $10.99Was: $19.99
For a list of some of my favorite items to use when cooking, and why I chose them, please visit my Kitchen Resource page.
Visit the Oakhurst website for the Apple Walnut Overnight Oats recipe and see for yourself how to make overnight oatmeal.
Basic Overnight Oats Recipe
The basic recipe for overnight oats is so very simple. Here’s all you need to do:
- Put 1/2 cup rolled oats into the bottom of a mason jar.
- Pour 1 cup milk (soy, almond, etc) over the oats.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Mix in 1-2 teaspoons honey, agave or other sweetener.
- Tightly seal the jar and place into the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning you can add other toppings such as fresh fruit, nuts, seeds, coconut or yogurt.
You can change up this basic recipe to include other flavors and fruits. Swap the nuts out or add a sprinkle of wheat germ to give it a little extra nutritional boost. However you make overnight oats, they’re sure to be a hit!
With this recipe, I’m not sure which part I love the most, the fresh cinnamon apples, or the creamy oats. These Apple Walnut Overnight Oats are just such a fabulous way to start your day! And using delicious Oakhurst milk is a great way to make sure your kids are getting enough calcium. I prefer whole milk for my family, but you can use 1%, skim or even delicious Almond Milk.
More great overnight oats recipes:
You might also like our recipe for Overnight Oats with Rhubarb Sauce.
- 1 cup quick cooking oats, divided
- 1/2 cup applesauce, divided
- 1/2 cup Oakhurst Milk, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon apple pie spice, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped apples
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- pinch of cinnamon
- In a small bowl, glass or mason jar, combine 1/2 cup of oats with 1/4 cup of Oakhurst Milk and 1/4 cup applesauce.
- Sprinkle with half of the apple pie spice.
- Repeat the layers adding the remaining oats, milk and apple pie spice.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours, or overnight.
- Just before serving, combine the chopped apples with the brown sugar, chopped walnuts, and cinnamon.
- Toss to coat.
- Spoon over the overnight oats.