Are you looking for what to do in Fort Myers Florida with Kids? Fort Myers is a great place to get away for a vacation with kids!
Fort Myers is a very laid-back Florida beach with sandy beaches that are as white as sugar, and a more family-friendly feel than Miami or Orlando. Located in Southwest Florida, you’ll find a very down to earth beach experience with more than 30 different beach access points.
What to do in Fort Myers Florida with Kids
If you are heading to Fort Myers, one of the most obvious ways to spend your days is by the beach, of course. However, if you’re tired of relaxing on the beach, there are plenty of fun and entertaining activities that your kids will love! Here are some fun activity suggestions for kids.
- Go Fishing Off the Pier: You don’t need a fishing license to fish off the pier at Fort Myers Beach! Everything you need from rods to bait can be found right there on the pier! Rudy’s Treasure Chest has rods and reels that you can rent for just $10.
- Play a Round of Mini Golf: The best mini golf course in the entire Southwest Florida region is the Castle Golf course located in Fort Myers. This medieval-themed mini-golf course has everything from fog machines to dragons!
- Take a Pirate Cruise: You’ll find a variety of Pirate Cruises in Fort Myers, each with their own unique experience! You can see some pretty incredible views of Fort Myers as you board a replica Pirate Ship! There are snacks, drinks, and fun souvenirs for your kids!
Beaches in Fort Myers
Of course, what would a vacation to Florida be without a trip to the beach?
We went to Lynn Hall Memorial Park near "Times Square" just before sunset. What a gorgeous spot!
We loved that there are spots to picnic and grill, restrooms and a licensed fishing pier, too.
It was the first time our kids had ever seen the Gulf of Mexico or a Florida sunset. This is a very popular beach, partially because it is so close to restaurants and shops. Parking can be tricky, but it is on the trolly stop.
Here are some other family-friendly beaches you might want to check out:
- Bowditch Point Beach Park on the tip of Estero Island is a great place to swim and play in the sand with restrooms and concessions.
- Crescent Beach Family Park - includes bathrooms and volleyball courts, but pets are not allowed.
More Fun Activities
If you are looking for a list of must-visit places in Fort Myers with kids, you’re in the right place. While you’re here, make sure that you stop by these destinations for some more fun on your vacation! Here are some suggestions for places to visit and things to do while you’re in Fort Myers with your kids.
- Visit Times Square: Times Square means something entirely different for the people of Fort Myers. There is a palm tree pedestrian hot spot known as Times Square in the middle of Fort Myers Beach. You can find plenty of shops, street performers, and plenty of places to eat here. Be sure to check out the beach at Lynn Hall Memorial Park while you're here, too!
- IMAG History and Science Center: This science center will allow you to learn the history of Fort Myers and even learn how it got its name! There are science and history exhibits that will pique everyone’s interest.
- Calusa Nature Center and Planetarium: If you are looking for fun learning for the kids, you’ve got to head here! They have more than 100 acres of nature and a museum to explore. You can get up close to snakes and alligators and see beautiful butterflies in the aviary. At night, they also have laser light shows and stargazing.
If you’re looking for a beach experience, unlike any other head down to Fort Myers, Florida! For more travel tips and ideas for traveling with kids, check out these posts:
Leave a Reply