Peanut Butter Granola Bars - peanut butter and chocolate flavors, meshed with the salty pretzels and the great texture from the crispy rice cereal and the oat. If you love these snacks, try my Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites too.
- I'm totally addicted to making my own granola bars (did you see the Cranberry White Chocolate Granola Bars I shared last week?)
- I almost love these Peanut Butter Granola Bars more than Mr. Juggling Act.
- My Pecan Granola Bars are my go-to during the Fall season.
Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but listen up, buttercup - these babies have it going on!
Check out these other great Snack Ideas:
I could wax poetic about these all day, but how about if I skip that and give you the recipe?
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- ½ cup krispy rice cereal
- ¾ cup chopped pretzels
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- ¼ brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips, divided
- Line a 9x9 pan and lightly spray with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, mix together the oats, cereal, flax seed and pretzels.
- Using a medium saucepan, melt the butter with the peanut butter, honey and brown sugar. When the mixture begins to bubble, remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract.
- Pour the liquid over the oat mixture and mix to combine. Fold in half the mini chocolate chips at the end quickly, then press the mixture into the prepared pan. Top with the remaining chips and press down using the spatula.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before cutting. Store in the fridge after cutting.
What's your favorite kind of granola bar? Sweet? Salty? Nutty? Fruity?
😋 SIMILAR RECIPES
If you love peanut butter, you're going to want to check out these recipes, too.
Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Pretzel Bites
Melissa's Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Pretzel Bites are super easy to make. If you love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter, you have to give this recipe a try!Get the Recipe >>>
I am excited to try this recipe!! With 3 kids from teen to three it's sometimes hard to find something the all like!! I am also from the wonderful state of NH!!!
Ang Paris says
Hi Jill! So glad to have you here. These are our go-to granola bars now. My kids love them and they're great for bake sales, too. Hope you enjoy 🙂