A Minty Cheeseball is an excellent dessert for St. Patrick's Day, but you can also switch up the flavors and sprinkles for other holidays and special occasions!
I'm not sure about you but I really have fun trying to come up with some different desserts for the holidays.
There is just something about colors, themes, and maybe the fact they only come around once a year, that you can let your imagination run with it. I've seen some other ideas with cheeseballs and decided to make a version that uses minty M&M candies.
This Minty Cheeseball is perfect St. Patrick's Day but you could also use it at Christmas Time.
- mint extract
- M&M candies, crushed
- cream cheese
- unsalted butter
- powdered sugar
- green and white sprinkles
Here's how to make the Minty Shamrock CheeseBall:
- Combine softened cream cheese (I used ⅓ less fat) and soft butter until it is mixed well.
- Add powdered sugar and mint extract.
- Add crushed mint M&Ms with a spoon and mix well.
- Place the mixture on a sheet of plastic wrap and use the sides of the wrap to help shape it into a ball. Wrap completely and place in the freezer for about 2 hours.
- Place the sprinkles into a bowl. Roll the cheeseball until covered completely.
- Cover with wrap and keep in freezer until ready to use (remove about 45 minutes before you wish to serve).
- Use vanilla wafers for dippers.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Be sure to check out my Juggling Act Mama Storefront on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of great products to make your life easier! Thanks so much for being a part of Juggling Act Mama ❤
Dig in! I'm also like when a dessert looks like you fussed over it but you really didn't!
You may use change it up by using a different extract and other add-ins as well. For the 4th of July - use red, white, and blue and some vanilla extract.
Other extracts that would be delicious include almond, raspberry, strawberry, orange, etc. Fruity extracts are perfect for spring or summer.
You can also add ground spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, or a blend like pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice
The combinations are endless and I'm sure you will come up with a few of your own! Please be sure to let me know what you try.
More St. Patrick's Day Ideas
Cream Cheese Ball
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- ¼ teaspoon mint extract
- ½ cup mint M&M candies crushed
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz unsalted butter room temperature
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- green and white sprinkles
- Combine softened cream cheese (I used ⅓ less fat) and soft butter until it is mixed well.8 oz cream cheese, 8 oz unsalted butter
- Add powdered sugar and mint extract.¾ cup powdered sugar, ¼ teaspoon mint extract
- Add crushed mint M&Ms with a spoon and mix well½ cup mint M&M candies
- Place the mixture on a sheet of plastic wrap and use the sides of the wrap to help shape it into a ball. Wrap completely and place in the freezer for about 2 hours
- Combine 2 tablespoons of both dark green and white jimmies in a bowl and roll the cheeseball until covered completely.green and white sprinkles
- Cover with wrap and keep in freezer until ready to use (remove about 45 minutes before you wish to serve)
- Use vanilla wafers or pretzels for dippers.
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.
New Posts You'll Love
About the Author: Deb from Cooking on the Front Burner shares family recipes from the heart. Her motto is "so many recipes, so little time."