This fun Minty Shamrock CheeseBall is a great dessert for St. Patrick's Day!
Hi, I'm Deb from Cooking on the Front Burner and today is my first contributor post for Ang and her readers. Happy to be here so let's get onto the special dessert I've made for you today - a Minty Shamrock Cheeseball! I'm not sure about you but I really have fun trying to come up with some different desserts for the holidays.
There is just something about colors, themes and maybe the fact they only come around once a year, that you can let your imagination run with it. I've seen some other ideas with cheeseballs and decided to make a version that uses minty M&M candies.
- ¼ teaspoon mint extract
- ½ cup mint M&M candies, crushed
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- green and white sprinkles
Here's how to make the Minty Shamrock CheeseBall:
- Combine 8 ounces of softened cream cheese (I used ⅓ less fat) and 1 stick of soft butter until it is mixed well
- Add ¾ cup of powdered sugar and ¼ teaspoon mint extract
- Add ½ cup crushed mint M&Ms with a spoon and mix well
- Place the mixture on a sheet of plastic wrap and use the sides of the wrap to help shape it into a ball. Wrap completely and place in the freezer for about 2 hours
- Combine 2 tablespoons of both dark green and white jimmies in a bowl and roll the cheeseball until covered completely.
- Cover with wrap and keep in freezer until ready to use (remove about 45 minutes before you wish to serve)
- Use vanilla wafers for dippers
Dig in! I'm also like when a dessert looks like fussed but you really didn't! Also, you may use change it up by using a different extract and other add-in's as well. For the 4th of July - use red, white and blue and some vanilla extract. The combinations are endless and I'm sure you will come up with a few of your own! Please be sure to let me know what you try. I'll be back next month! Have a great week!