As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Relax and Reconnect During a Romantic Couples Getaway at The Wentworth Inn.
This post has been sponsored, however all opinions, as always, are my own. #sponsored #TheWentworthInn #NH
The Wentworth Inn is one of the most romantic hotels I have ever been to in New England. The very building itself was a wedding gift from Joshua Trickey in 1869 to his daughter, Georgia and her soon-to-be husband General Marshall Wentworth.
Order from the “Welcome Amenities” menu to surprised your partner and you’ll have a delicious treat like chocolate-covered strawberries, a bottle of wine, or a fruit and cheese tray. You can also order flowers or balloons to be waiting in the room.
Thornycroft Parlor Suites Amenities
For the most romantic couples getaway, I highly recommend the Thornycroft Parlor Suites, room 235 and 236 are my favorite! Here are some of the many amenities the room offers:
- Private Outdoor Hot Tub
- Gas Fireplace in the Sitting Room
- Stereo and Surround Sound
- 3 large flatscreen TVs
- Mini Fridge
As you might imagine, the private outdoor hot tub was our my most favorite spot to relax and reconnect on our couples getaway. It is a completely private balcony area with a full-size hot tub. You can use the stereo system to play your favorite music, or watch something on the flatscreen TV mounted to the wall.
Couples Getaway at The Wentworth Inn
- Address: 1 Carter Notch Road, Jackson NH
- Website: https://www.thewentworth.com
- Phone: 800-637-0013
There are many Packages for just about any occasion or season that may include golfing, skiing, snowshoeing, dining, spa services, and more. Check them all out HERE.
Dining at The Wentworth Inn
Dinner is an elaborate 4-course candlelit affair here and “dressy casual” attire is encouraged. The Wentworth Inn specializes in farm-to-table cuisine and their menu changes with the seasons. Reservations are recommended, especially on the weekends. The Lounge serves “a light pub fare menu” as well.
Breakfast was my favorite, with a lovely buffet to choose from along with an entree. I highly recommend the Creme Brulee French Toast!
Activities at The Wentworth Inn
- The Wentworth Golf Club is an 18 hole scenic resort style course.
- The Spa at The Wentworth Inn includes massage, facials, sea salt therapy and body wraps. For the ultimate couples getaway, be sure to plan ahead with a Couples Escape – your choice of treatment with your partner.
- There is a full service gym that includes treadmill, elliptical, recumbent bicycle machines as well as weights, stretching balls, yoga mats, and medicine balls.
- The friendly staff is more than happy to recommend local attractions. A quick stop at the front desk is well worth the time!
What to Pack for a Couples Getaway
At The Wentworth, you need pack very little in the way of extras because they offer it all right there! Here are a few items I tucked in my suitcase to make this couples getaway a little more special:
- Our favorite chocolates
- LED Candles for a little extra ambiance
- An inexpensive travel diffuser with a couple of my favorite essential oils were the perfect addition
From The Wentworth Inn, you can walk up the hill to Jackson Falls, which is such a pretty spot to sit and enjoy one another’s company!
There are tons of ways to get out into nature and explore in the White Mountains. For a more leisurely way to experience the White Mountains, check out the The Mt. Washington Auto Road. The base is just a short 30 minute drive away.
Find more information about the area
- Mt. Washington Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Jackson Chamber of Commerce
- Jackson Ski Touring Foundation
- North Conway NH Area Guide
- Saco Bound Inc. Water Canoe and Kayak
- Black Mountain
- Attitash Mountain
- Wildcat Mountain
- Cranmore Mountain
- Great Glen Trails Outdoor Center