Butternut Squash Casserole with Pecans
An easy make-ahead sweet and crunchy-topped casserole that everyone loves! This casserole is perfect for a potluck or holiday dinner
Servings 6 servings
- For the Casserole
- 2 cups butternut squash cooked
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Topping Ingredients
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp butter melted
Preheat the oven to 350-degrees.
Butter a 9 x 11 casserole dish.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs and cream until fluffy.
Add in the butter, sugar, vanilla extract, salt, and pepper until well mixed.
Fold in the mashed butternut squash. The mixture will be thin.
Pour the mixture into the prepared dish and bake 40-45 minutes uncovered until just set.
In a small bowl, prepare the topping and sprinkle over the squash mixture. Return to the oven and bake an additional 10-15 minutes until the topping is golden brown.
MAKE AHEAD METHOD
- Bake casserole as directed without adding topping.
- Cool; cover and freeze.
- Freeze topping mixture in a resealable plastic freezer bag.
- To use, partially thaw casserole and topping in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Sprinkle topping over the casserole and bake until bubbly.
Calories: 408kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 119mg | Sodium: 541mg | Potassium: 246mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 5755IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 1mg