BBQ Chicken Tacos Recipe
This BBQ Chicken Tacos Recipe is the easiest Cinco de Mayo recipe you'll ever make.
For the BBQ Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Sweet and Spicy BBQ Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- smoked paprika (optional) to taste
For the Mango Salsa
- 2 mangoes ripe, peeled, pitted and diced – about 3 cups
- 1 red onion small, peeled and diced
- 1 jalapeño seeded and diced, 1 or 2 if you prefer more heat
- ½ cup cilantro fresh, chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- cilantro optional
- shredded cheddar cheese optional
- shredded lettuce optional
For the Tacos
- 16 Soft taco flour tortillas
To Make the Chicken
In a large slow cooker, add the BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, smoked paprika, and salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
Then, add the chicken breasts to the crock and spoon the sauce mixture over the top.
Secure the cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
When the chicken is done cooking, carefully shred it using two forks. Alternatively, you can put it into a stand mixer with the paddle attachment to break up the meat.
To Make the Salsa
Once all the ingredients are chopped, toss them together to combine.
Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
Serve immediately, or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
To Make the Tacos
Place a warmed tortilla on a plate.
Top with BBQ chicken, mango salsa, shredded lettuce and cheese.
Top with cilantro
- Frozen chicken breast should be thawed before being cooked in a slow cooker.
- We do not recommend cooking chicken from frozen.
- Chicken should always be cooked to an internal temperature of 165-degrees F according to FoodSafety.gov.
- This can also be cooked on low for 6-½ hours.
- You can chop your ingredients as large or small as you like. Use fresh lime juice for the best flavor! If you don’t care for cilantro, substitute parsley.
- You can add homemade taco seasoning to the chicken as it cooks for extra flavor
Calories: 424kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 934mg | Potassium: 740mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 767IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 3mg