Holiday Cranberry Sangria
This recipe is perfect for using up leftover cranberries and other fruits to make a fun and festive cocktail that will wow your guests!
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 large apple halved and chopped
- 1 large pear halved and chopped
- 1 cup whole frozen cranberries
- 2 sticks of cinnamon
- 1 bottle of dry red wine Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 cup seltzer water
- rosemary sprigs
- orange wheels
Into a large pitcher add the chopped fruit.
Pour in the honey, brandy, juices and wine. Stir to combine.
Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours. (
Just before serving, add the selzter water to the sangria mixture.
Pour over ice or serve chilled. Garnish with rosemary sprigs and orange wheels
Pro-Tip: Make Cranberry-Orange Ice Cubes
No one wants a watered-down sangria! My favorite trick for keeping sangria or punch cold but not watered down is to make some ice cubes out of juice ahead of time. It’s really easy to do.
- Just combine equal amounts of cranberry and orange juices and pour into extra-large ice cube trays filling two-thirds of the way full.
- Add a little extra festive touch with frozen cranberries seeds in each well in the mold., if you like.
- Freeze until solid.
When you are making this, keep in mine that the longer it sits, the better it will taste! So, if you can make it the day before, you'll have a super flavorful Cranberry Sangria!
Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 8mg | Potassium: 104mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 58IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg