Lemon Shrimp Scampi
Impressive but simple and quick Lemon Shrimp Scampi with mouth-watering lemon garlic sauce is ready in just 30 minutes!
Servings 4 servings
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Start by setting the water on to boil for the pasta.
Next, heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the butter and oil and cook the minced garlic for 1-2 minutes.
After that, add the shrimp, juice, and zest from the lemons. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cook until the shrimp are pink.
Toss the hot linguine with the shrimp and lemon garlic sauce.
Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
- Have all your ingredients ready to go because this is recipe comes together very quickly. I recommend starting the pasta water before anything else.
- You may find this tutorial for peeling and deveining shrimp helpful.
- Using the butter and olive oil together helps to create the perfect sauce. The butter doesn’t cook as quickly when it is combined with the oil.
- Make sure when you zest the lemon you do not get any of the white part (pith) as that is bitter.
- For a hint of spice, add a pinch or two of red pepper flake to your lemon garlic sauce just before tossing it with the pasta.
- Add 1/2 cup of dry white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc to the skillet with the lemon juice.
- Add 1 cup of cherry tomatoes cut in half when you are sautéing the garlic.
What to Serve with Shrimp Scampi
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 354kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 316mg | Sodium: 984mg | Potassium: 174mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 355IU | Vitamin C: 36mg | Calcium: 186mg | Iron: 3mg