With a tender shortbread crust, coconut, chocolate, and caramel bits, these Samoa Bars are inspired by the ever-popular Samoa Girl Scout Cookie.
Servings 36 bars
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup caramel bits
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
Preheat the oven to 350-degrees F.
Line a pan with parchment paper.
In a bowl, mix together the butter, flour, sugar, and salt until the dough comes together.
Firmly pat the shortbread crust down into the bottom of the pan as evenly as possible.
Bake the crust for 13 minutes and then remove it from the oven.
Immediately sprinkle the chocolate chips, coconut, and caramel bits over the top of the crust.
After that, pour the sweetened condensed milk over the top as evenly as possible.
Bake for an additional 20 minutes or until the top begins to become golden brown.
Cool, cut, and store any extras in the fridge!
These bars will keep for about 5 days if you store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Tips for Making Samoa Bars:
Note about Sweetened Condensed Milk:
You cannot substitute evaprate milk or whole milk. However, you can use coconut milk as a substitute in this recipe.
- Lining your pan with parchment paper will help keep the bars from sticking and make it easy to remove them from the pan.
- Do not use regular caramels as they will harden back up after a day and be difficult to eat.
- To make the sweetened condensed milk easier to pour, first place it in a microwave-safe container and microwave for about 30 seconds.
Serving: 1bar | Calories: 153kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 83mg | Potassium: 22mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 141IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg