Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Easy Lasagna Soup
Tangy tomato base loaded with ground beef, tender pasta and lots of gooey cheese for all the flavors of lasagna without all the work!
Servings 6 servings
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion large, diced
- 2 garlic cloves large, minced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 15 oz cans tomato sauce plain unseasoned
- 4 cups beef stock
- 2 tablespoons Garlic & Herb Italian Spice Mix
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 lb bowtie pasta boiled and drained
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese plus more for garnish
- basil chopped fresh, for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
In a dutch oven, heat the olive oil.
Sweat the onions until tender and translucent.
Add the garlic and cook 2 minutes more.
Add the ground beef and brown.
Season with 1 tablespoon of the Garlic and Herb Italian Spice Mix.
Stir in the beef stock, tomato sauce, remaining 1 tablespoon of spice mix, and tomato paste.
Simmer covered for 10 minutes.
Add the cooked pasta, heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese.
Stir to combine.
Garnish with a bit more cheese, if desired, and basil.
Easy Lasagna Soup Recipe Variations:
- Add 1 cup of frozen spinach (be sure to thaw and squeeze out the excess water first) to the soup for some added nutrition.
- Substitute ground sweet Italian sausage for the ground beef for a spicer version.
- For a lower fat recipe, use ground turkey instead of ground beef.
- To thicken the soup, you can also use ½ cup of squash or pumpkin puree.
Can I use fresh herbs instead?
The rule of thumb for using fresh herbs in place of dried herbs is to triple the amount called for in the recipe.
Can this soup be frozen?
The base of the soup can be frozen, but don't add the cheese and pasta until you're ready to serve it.
Calories: 583kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 691mg | Potassium: 837mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 503IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 254mg | Iron: 4mg