Garlic Green Bean Recipe
You will love how easy these skillet green beans are to make using our incredibly flavorful Cowboy Butter with garlic and lemon. It is the best garlic green bean recipe ever!
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 3 tablespoons Cowboy Butter
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch red pepper flake (optional) optional
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
Bring a medium sauce pot of water to a boil.
Drop the green beans into the water and cook 2 minutes.
Add 2 tablespoons Cowboy Butter to the skillet over medium heat.
Add the green beans and sliced garlic.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. For an extra kick, add a pinch of red pepper flake.
Cook for about 5 minutes until the beans start to become tender and crisp around the tips.
Add another tablespoon of Cowboy Butter before serving.
Cooking Method Note:
Should you choose to skip the blanching, you will need to cook the green beans about 5 minutes longer in the skillet.
- Add in a pint of grape or cherry tomatoes and sauté them with the green beans until they are tender.
- Sprinkle a 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese just before you remove the beans from the heat.
- Garnish the beans with cooked crumbled bacon for a little decadent addition.