Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
This grilled chicken Caesar salad with garlicky grilled croutons is a modernized version of the classic Caesar salad.
For the Grilled Garlic Croutons
- ½ French baguette sliced on an angle
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves peeled and cut in half
For the Grilled Chicken
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the Dressing
- 1 2 ounce canned anchovies rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ¼ teaspoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons Finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup olive oil
For the Salad
- 3 Hearts of romaine lettuce leaves separated and washed and dried
- ½ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
To Make the Garlic Croutons
Brush both sides of the baguette slices with olive oil
Grill the slices on a hot grill or grill pan until you have grill marks on both sides.
Remove from the grill and immediately rub both sides of the bread slices with the cut sides of the garlic to infuse the croutons with the flavor of garlic.
To Make the Chicken
Slice the chicken breasts into 1 inch thick slices.
Whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest, salt, and pepper and toss with the chicken pieces.
Place the mixture in a plastic bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
In the meantime, set aside about ¼ of the Caesar dressing.
Heat the grill and brush the chicken pieces with the set aside Caesar dressing.
Grill the chicken about 3 to 5 minutes per side, until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Set aside.
To Make the Dressing
In the bowl of a mini food processor or a blender, blend the anchovies, garlic, lemon juice, sherry vinegar, mustard, sugar, finely grated Parmesan, and the Worcestershire sauce until smooth.
With the food processor or blender running, slowly stream in the olive oil until the dressing is emulsified and thick. Set aside about ¼ for brushing the chicken before grilling.
To Make the Salad
You can serve the salad with the romaine leaves left whole or torn into pieces. Toss the leaves with the chicken and the dressing to taste.
Garnish with the shaved Parmesan and garlic baguette croutons.
Calories: 750kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 64g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 513mg | Potassium: 330mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 1.4mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 2.3mg