Southwest Chopped Chicken Salad
This salad is full of beautiful fresh veggie, tender grilled chicken, and topped with a tangy Southwest inspired dressing.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons fajita seasoning mix
- 4 cups of your favorite greens
- 1/2 each of a green, red, yellow and orange bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 European cucumber chopped
- 1 cup red and orange grape tomatoes halved
- 1 avocado
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh cilantro optional
Season the chicken breast with the fajita seasoning mix and grill 5-6 minutes per side. Set aside while you assemble the salad.
In a large bowl, combine the greens, bell peppers, cucumbers, and tomatoes.
In a small bowl, add the flesh of the avocado. Squeeze the lime juice over all of the avocado and toss to coat.
Add the avocado to the salad. Chop the chicken and add that to the salad. Serve immediately with Southwest Chipotle Dressing.
For the Dressing
In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients until combined. Store left overs in the refrigerator in a mason jar.
If you enjoy cilantro, you can add it to the dressing (or the salad).