Cowboy Caviar Recipe
Quick and yummy cowboy caviar can be served as an appetizer or even a side dish!
- 3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1-1/2 cups sweet corn kernals
- 1 red, orange or green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 1 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup cilantro (optional)
For the Dressing
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 glove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
To Assemble the Cowboy Caviar
In a large bowl, combine all of the chopped vegetables and the black beans. Toss with cilantro (if desired).
Pour the dressing over the vegetable and bean mixture and toss to coat.
To serve as an appetizer, put out alongside tortilla chips.