Easy Italian Sausage Pasta
Our simple Italian Sausage Pasta recipe is perfect for weeknight meals.
- 1 box pappardelle or fettuccine
- 4 sweet Italian sausage links cut on the bias
- 10 leaves fresh basil washed dried and chopped chiffonade style
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pint red and yellow grape tomatoes washed
- salt and black pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, season with salt. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high. Brown the sausage slices. Set aside.
In another skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, taking care not to burn it. Add the grape tomatoes and cook until blistered. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Drain the pasta and toss with the blistered tomato mixture. Top with the cooked sausage, cheese and basil. Serve hot.