Greek Yogurt Dip
Creamy delicious dip made with Greek yogurt, minced garlic and fresh dill is both simple and delicious.
- 8 oz Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
Mix together the Greek yogurt with the red pepper, dill and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with more fresh dill and red pepper. Chill for one hour before serving along with crudites.
Serves 4-6 people. For a large group, you will want to double the recipe.
Easy Greek Yogurt Dip Variations:
If you're not a fan of Greek yogurt, you could also use plain yogurt in this recipe. Either way, using yogurt to make a veggie dip is just smart! It's much healthier than dips that start with mayonnaise or sour cream. And, the best part is, dips made with yogurt still taste really great, too.
- Tarragon: For a delicious variation, substitute fresh tarragon for the fresh dill. Tarragon also pairs well with Greek yogurt because it gives a distinct flavor that stands up to the yogurt and is especially yummy with fresh vegetables.
- Tzatziki: Play up the Greek in this dip by making a Tzatiki version. Coarsely grate a medium-sized cucumber and fold it along with a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice into the dip mixture.
What Are Crudités?
Crudités is the French term meaning a tray of fresh vegetables served with dip. It's great for both big and small gatherings and very versatile. There is no right or wrong way to set up a veggie tray. here are some suggestions for items to include:
Crudités can also sometimes include other items like olives or crackers and one or more kinds of dip.
- Bell Peppers, cut into strips
- Broccoli Florets
- Carrot Sticks
- Cauliflower Florets
- Celery Sticks
- Cucumber Slices
- Jicama Slices
- Snow Peas
- Grape Tomatoes