Italian Roast Beef with Red Skin Potatoes & Carrots is a full meal, that'll feed a family, made right in the slow cooker.
What cut of beef is best for slow cooking?
The best cuts of beef for slow cooking are
- chuck roast - the classic choice for pot roast because of it's rich beef flavor
- top round roast - economical and full flavored cuts
- rump roast, also known as bottom round roast - is lean and inexpensive
Do you sear a roast before cooking?
Searing a beef roast is not a required step, but one that I highly recommend. It improved the flavor of the beef and creates a caramelized exterior on the roast.
What should the internal temperature of a chuck roast be?
Beef should always be cooked to an internal temperature of 145-degrees F according to FoodSafety.gov. Remember you always want to allow your beef to rest for three minutes.
How to Make Homemade Gravy
To make a gravy with the juices leftover in the slow cooker, you will need flour and beef broth.
- Add the juices to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk in 1 tablespoon of flour and cook until smooth.
- After that, whisk in 1 cup broth and cook until it thickens.