Shortcut Cornbread Salad
With grilled corn and lots of fresh veggies, this cornbread salad is totally amazing!
- 2 bags Farmer’s Pantry Cornbread Crisps – I used both Jalapeño and Original
- 6 ears grilled corn
- 1 10.5 ounce can black beans
- 1-1/2 cups red, orange, yellow and green peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped fine
- 2 plum tomato, chopped
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups ranch dressing
- chopped parsley optional
First, remove the corn from the cob and let cool completely.
Gently break up the cornbread crisps into smaller pieces and place into a large mixing bowl.
Next, add in the peppers, onions, black beans, corn, tomatoes and half of the bacon.
Then, mix in the ranch dressing and cheese.
Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour so the flavors have a chance to meld.
Just before serving, garnish with the remaining bacon (and parsley if desired.
Taste for seasoning to your preference and add salt and pepper if desired.
Calories: 3235kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 61g | Fat: 321g | Saturated Fat: 86g | Cholesterol: 395mg | Sodium: 6654mg | Potassium: 519mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 2445IU | Vitamin C: 16.3mg | Calcium: 1778mg | Iron: 4.5mg