Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe - These chewy, chocolatey cookies have crisp edges but are soft in the middle. Loaded with chunks of chocolate, plus a smattering of mini chocolate chips they are filled with chocolatey goodness!
Servings 36 Cookies, approximately
- 1 cup Butter, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups Light Brown Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks
- 1 cup Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Preheat the oven to 375-degrees F.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars.
Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Beat to combine.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk gently to combine.
Add the flour mixture to the stand mixer bowl about 1 cup at a time until completely combined.
Add the chocolate chunks and mini chips to the cookie dough.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
Use a medium cookie scoop, or a tablespoon to portion the cookie dough. Place the dough balls about 2 inches apart.
Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges of the cookies are set. Do not overbake.
Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, before transferring to a cooling rack.
Store completely cooled cookies in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Tips to make the BEST Double Chocolate Chip Cookies!
- Always cream the butter and sugar together first.
- Be sure to measure your flour correctly.
- Use real butter and real vanilla (not imitation!)
- Fold in chocolate chips or other mix-ins by hand.
- Space out the cookies on the baking sheet.
- Set a timer.
Calories: 145kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 115mg | Potassium: 97mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 180IU | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg